Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob0558

I recently upgraded my onboard graphics to an ATI X1300PRO PCIe, I installed the card and drivers according to the instructions and turned off the OB graphics in BIOS. I keep getting flickering lines across the display when I turn on the system when it goes into windows, I also get the flickering when I access the Catalyst menu for the card and I have also updated to the latest Catalyst driver 6.3 from ATI with no resolution of the problem. I am stumped and getting frustrated......does anyone have any help for this condition?

Yes, I uninstalled the other drivers first. I need to mention that when I got into my device manager it lists the card twice, once as the Radeon X1300 Series and then
Radeon X1300 Series Secondary. The card is Crossfire ready but my board is not, I even tried some older 3D games and I was not impressed at all. DVD playback seems fine but the flickering lines across the screen are annoying and I sense that I have a problem somewhere.

And doing this will solve my issue?, I am considering taking the card out and buying a different one.

Well I wiped everything out as recommended and reinstalled everything and the problem still exists.......it's coming out and I am buying an Nvidia PCI 256MB and trying that out, if it works good the ATI will be up for grabs!

ATI X1300PRO PCIe, Can't return it?
Be sure to remove all ati drivers before installing the nVidia card.
Generally the driver removal works but not always, may be a bad card.
What psu do you have?

I know that I cannot return the ATI card, I will have to sell it to someone that is interested. I bought the G-Force FX5500OC 256MB PCI and installed it without a glitch, it is like day and night difference. I knoticed that my system runs much smoother and faster, especially loading web pages (dial up) I am happy with what I bought, should have gone that route first. I am running an ANTECH 350W Smart Tech PSU.

Very good PSU!!
I'm sorry we didn't find a cheaper solution :( .
try www.craigslist.org
to sell the other card.
I sell alot of stuff locally, no shipping and cash only,
Just pick your city/region.

G'Luck and enjoy the new card!

Thanks for your help, I might try and contact ATI and see what they say or I will just sell it. The G-force is a much eaiser card to work with than the ATI in my opinion, or I just have lack of knowledge but I tried everything I thought possible.

If you bought the X1300 Pro made by ATI itself rather than one of their partners, there is an additional power connector on the end of the card to hook up to the power supply. By any chance did you overlook connecting this?

I did buy the original ATI X1300PRO and there is not an additional power connector on the card for the power supply hook-up

I know when I forgot to hook up a molex to my 6800,
it started screaming and wouldn't boot or post. I don't
know if Ati based cards will do the same but I have seen them
with the piazzo speakers on them.

My system ran with the card in it, as I stated there was flickering across the display and the graphics were not at all that I expected. I have noticed a difference with the GeForce that DVD's do not run as smoothly, the video tends to freeze and the audio acts as though it is stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back