GTX 650 very loud and fan at 100%

Cheers!

I really hope, my english is good enough to explain my problem.

Today I bought a Gainward GTX 650 graphic adapter. The Problem: its incredibly loud and the fan runs constantly full power. MSI Afterburner and EXPERTool (Fancontrol Software from Gainward) shows 30% Speed. But if I change the speed, there is no difference in noise and power of the fan. So I guess, its running constantly on 100% Power.

My old card was a GT 9600 OC and in Summer, when it was really hot, the card made the same noise under full power.

My System:

Mainboard: MS-7504VP-PV
Processor: Q8300 Quad @ 2.5Ghz
4 GB Ram
Gainward GTX 650 1 GB DDR5

Tell me what your temps are with Realtemp. Also are there any wires cluttering your case? Did you clean your case and exhausts of dust

32°C/96°F while gaming. Case is clean and no cables in the near of case. The problem I see: I cant regulate the fan. Its always on 100%. But the display shows 30%. If I change the speed in that tool, theres no difference (noise and speed of fan) between 30% and 100%.

Edit: same in MSI Afterburner and SpeedFan.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 5
  • rt.jpg
    rt.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4
The screenshot is a pic of your CPU temps. We need GPU temps. Speedfan/Speccy can show you this, along with others.

Still, something weird is up..

On Screenshot "fan.jpeg" you can see the GPU Temperature. Here another one:

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 5
29C is cool, its running normally. Also if it says 30% it is 30%. I think maybe your sensors could be messed up, so good call there, tell us if this arises again with the new card

Thats, what Gainward-Support said. This noise is abnormally and I had to send it back. Thanks so far! If I take another GTX 650, I'll tell you. But I guess, I take a Radeon HD 7770 now.

Back