GTX 770 Power Requirments

andy06shake

Hi can anyone help please, I just received my new Plait GTX Nvidia 770 Jetstream card and noticed it came with an 8pin and 6pin power requirement. They provided a 6pin to 8 pin adapter and I have a Corsair 650 TX PSU with 2 6pin power lines problem is the 6 to 8 pin adapter looks like it need both 6pin lines from the PSU to provide the necessary voltage/amps and that still seems to leave me short the other 6 pin port on the GFX card. Do I need to plug both 6 pin attachments in to the adapter or will one suffice?

My bad, silly fool that I am I failed to realize both 6pin PSU power lines also have additionally the other 2pin lines required to make up the 8pin connection right along side. Thought I may need a newer PSU there! ;) LoL

A 650 watt is more than enough to power a system and a GTX 770, you do not have to worry the requirements are 600 even on the overclocked models so I would not worry.

My bad, silly fool that I am I failed to realize both 6pin PSU power lines also have additionally the other 2pin
LOL
That is what I was thinking while reading your first comment. It's good that you noticed the additional pins. It would have been ashame to buy another PSU, when the one you have is sufficient.

Back