GTX275 Temp issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

Im playing the new AvP game on my pc with everything maxed out at res 1920*1080, cool game not even any slow down, but my XFI GTX 275 897Mb is reaching temps of 86c and thats with the fan set with EVGA presision to 95%. Can anyone advise if this temp is a bit extreem? What is the thermal threshold of this card? Am i in any danger of damaging/melting the card?

The threshold temperature should be much over 86C. However, the XFX GTX 275 is expected to run at about 75C or lower on load. What case do you have? Is there sufficient airflow?

I nave an Antec 900 with 4 120mm fans 2 front 1 back and 1 side also 1 200mm on top. The side 120mm fan sits directly facing the GFX card. My cpu idels at 30c and GFX card idels at 58-60c. I think my airflow is pritty much optimal. Thats why i cant understand the 86c when running AvP game. The rig is clean'ish coz ist notoriously hard to keep Antec 900 dust free due to lake of any dust filters. Is it safe to run this card at 86c?

It is safe to run the card at those temperatures but the lower the temps the better it is. I think your idle temps are pretty high too. What is the ambient temperature like in your room?

the fan on the side of the case that is pointed at the video card turn it around and see if that helps ya :)

Thanks, so that it blows air out instead of in. Ile try it but the fan at the back extracts, if i us the side mounted fan also as an extractor the the only air being pulled in to the system will come from the 2 frount mounted fans meaning that the cool air will have to pass over my 3 hard drives. I have to have the drives there because if i uses the top bay my GFX card would not fit. Ile try it never know eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back