Guide on choosing monitor

Hi,
I am planning for a build by july and I am pairing ryzen 5 3600 with rtx 2060.
My question is ..
Is 1440p 144 hz monitor (to be specific acer VG271U) worth for rtx 2060 coz most games dont reach 100fps on 1440p resolution.?
and what will happen if monitor refresh rate is higher than game fps will freesync/adaptive sync help?
Plz help ASAP

Freesync will scale your monitors refresh rate to your current frame rate which you are achieving in games. Overall you shouldn't experience stutters so you should experience the same as if you're gaming at a fixed 60 fps rate.

Me myself I run a 1440p 144hz monitor on a RX580 so you shouldn't have any problems on your rtx2060. Just bear in mind 144 hz will not be achievable on All games, unless some graphics fidelity is dropped that is.

You should be able to push good frame rates with a little compromise in graphics. Also, since you're investing in a 1440p 144hz monitor this will overall last longer than 1920x1080 as it is becoming dated technology.

144hz is better for new games that come every year. 60 hz is better for competitive online games as PoE, WoW, LoL, Fortnite etc.

144hz is better for new games that come every year. 60 hz is better for competitive online games as PoE, WoW, LoL, Fortnite etc.

*Possible misunderstanding/typo. It's the exact opposite of how you described it. 144Hz is best for competitive games and also for newer games. 60Hz is better recommended for medium budget ranged cards since they cant push 144frames at high quality settings on most AAA games.

Back