Hacktool.Rootkit infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I got hit with the god forsaken hacktool.rootkit. I'm having problems removing it and would appreciate any help. I have uploaded the HJT file.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 9
me as well

I have also been hit with this little bugger and I have tried eveything I know of (including what I have read here) and I can't get rid of this thing! someone please help me....

ScottieJ

First: do the Rootkit thing as posted above.

Second: see my post How to remove Aurora/Nailfix and do that.
I'll also include some Aurora 'fixers' underneath just in case...

Third, Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Next, open Windows Task Manager.
On Windows 95/98/ME, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
On Windows NT/2000/XP, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there) and click End Process for:
Nail.exe
WINSHELL.EXE
fxfchm.exe
svcproc.exe

Next, click on Start/Run and type in (followed by press Enter):
regsvr32 /u C:\Program Files\LoveFreeGames\Toolbar\lfg-toolbar.dll

Next, click Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. If there, UNinstall anything to do with:
C:\Program Files\LoveFreeGames\Toolbar\lfg-toolbar.dll

Next, click Start/Run and type services.msc and click OK. Look for the service:
svcproc.exe
WINSHELL.EXE
Doubleclick it, click Stop if it's running, and change the Startup type to Disabled.

Next, click Start/Run and type cmd and hit Enter. When a command prompt opens, type:
nail.exe /FullRemove and hit Enter.

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75
R3 - URLSearchHook: Love Free Games Toolbar - {8DFD5077-FB25-4397-8D9F-ACFB8CC7E34B} - C:\Program Files\LoveFreeGames\Toolbar\lfg-toolbar.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
O2 - BHO: XBTB09874 - {246A2CA8-10D9-4f50-B259-CAFF6619A12E} - C:\PROGRA~1\LOVEFR~1\Toolbar\LFG-TO~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Love Free Games Toolbar - {8DFD5077-FB25-4397-8D9F-ACFB8CC7E34B} - C:\Program Files\LoveFreeGames\Toolbar\lfg-toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Command Prompt] WINSHELL.EXE <<== Stop only, do NOT delete)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wshzufd] C:\WINDOWS\System32\fxfchm.exe r
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Command Prompt] WINSHELL.EXE <<== Stop only, do NOT delete)
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://lovefreegames.aavalue.com/toolbars/bundles/DR-LFG-toolbar.cab
O16 - DPF: {A9FDC7FD-FE81-4910-8CF2-FA59EEFE11EC} (ZooInstaller Class) - http://www.zoo-games.com/ClientSite/ZooInstaller.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab
Unless these O17 IPs (Bell Canada) are from YOUR ISP, fix them:
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{27B4C94B-C7B5-4CBD-B7A3-7BB884B654E3}: NameServer = 206.47.244.133 198.235.216.110
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{27B4C94B-C7B5-4CBD-B7A3-7BB884B654E3}: NameServer = 206.47.244.133 198.235.216.110
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete ALL files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
(XP only:) Delete ALL files from C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch.
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

STOP downloading these stupid, virus-, trojan- and ad-riddled games!

Abolith

First: do the Rootkit thing as posted above.

Second:
C:\Documents and Settings\Blackwater\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
put HijackThis in e.g C:\Program Files\HJT and NOT in Temp or on the Desktop!.

Third:
Boot in Safe Mode.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Next, open Windows Task Manager.
On Windows 95/98/ME, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
On Windows NT/2000/XP, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there) and click End Process for:
4.tmp
winIogon.exe <<==(mind the spelling with Capital I)
AppControl.exe (UNLESS you use HP ProbeBuilder)

Next, click Start/Run and type services.msc and click OK. Look for the service:
AppControl.exe (UNLESS you use HP ProbeBuilder)
Doubleclick it, click Stop if it's running, and change the Startup type to Disabled.

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 66.116.64.248:8080
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Services] C:\WINNT\system32\4.tmp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Logon Application] C:\WINNT\system32\winIogon.exe <<==(mind the spelling with Capital I)
(UNLESS you use HP ProbeBuilder also 'fix:)
O23 - Service: Application Control Software (ApplicationGroup) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\AppControl.exe
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete ALL files and directories from: C:\WINNT\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).

O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'xfire_lsp.dll' missing
To fix, see Broken Internet access with xxx.dll
and substitute xfire_lsp_8742.dll with "your" missing file name.
Do NOT delete ANY other files!

Boot normal.

Minor Setback

Hi,

Thank you for all your help, it seems that the virus as been removed because no more virus alerts are popping up. One minor set back however, when i tried to remove the Love Free Games toolbar in the add/remove section of the control panel, it doesnt seem to delete. Is there any other way to get rid of that thing.

Once again thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated

Scott

RealBlackStuff, you rule.

so far no more infection, no more intrusion alerts, no more infection alerts :grinthumb

a great big THANKS for your help, you really pulled my PC out of the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back