Halo: The Master Chief Collection could be announced for PC next week

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Highly anticipated: It's been more than four years since Halo: The Master Chief Collection arrived on Xbox. Surely that's enough time for Microsoft and 343 Industries to port the compilation to PC without the hiccups that plagued the console launch, no?

Microsoft is scheduled to host its next Inside Xbox show on March 12. Episode two of season two, recently teased on YouTube, will feature “exciting news” regarding Halo: The Master Chief Collection, among other announcements.

Word around the water cooler is that Microsoft may announce that The Master Chief Collection is finally coming to PC. It’s been known for some time now that Microsoft has been working to bring the compilation to the PC but according to insider Brad Sams, the project has already been delayed multiple times.

The compilation’s launch on Xbox One was “disastrous” and as Sams notes, Microsoft wants to make sure they iron out all of the kinks this time around.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection launched on Microsoft’s console on November 11, 2014, and consists of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4.

The latest update for The Master Chief Collection on Xbox tweaks the game’s main menu screen and addresses a few requested changes for competitive games and social games. The changelog in its entirety can be found over on the Halo forums.

Lead image courtesy VanderWolf Images via Shutterstock

Permalink to story.

Too bad Nintendo of Japan would never have the balls to release Metroid Prime trilogy on Steam.
If the halo collection price tag is right, I may snag it up, otherwise I don't really want it.

Too bad Nintendo of Japan would never have the balls to release Metroid Prime trilogy on Steam.
If the halo collection price tag is right, I may snag it up, otherwise I don't really want it.
Huh, why would they just not release it on Switch?

The russian MO of HALO is available for free, rebuilt by the community, with classic gameplay free of 343's incompetent code monkeys and their *****ic administrators. The excitement for MCC has long dried up, and the online community for HALO in general is a fraction of what it once was after 4 and 5's complete failure to maintain an audience like 3 did.

And you will have to deal with the atrocious Microsoft store, its error prone downloads, and still deal with MS's buggy multiplayer servers just for the pleasure of MCC crashing on you.

The russian MO of HALO is available for free, rebuilt by the community, with classic gameplay free of 343's incompetent code monkeys and their *****ic administrators. The excitement for MCC has long dried up, and the online community for HALO in general is a fraction of what it once was after 4 and 5's complete failure to maintain an audience like 3 did.

And you will have to deal with the atrocious Microsoft store, its error prone downloads, and still deal with MS's buggy multiplayer servers just for the pleasure of MCC crashing on you.

Eh, you don't speak for me. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

While I certainly hope they announce a PC version, I’m expecting some battle royal announcement. They are about the last ones to not be on that train. Hope I’m wrong.

Am I the only one who misread: Halo MasterChef edition could be announced next week? I thought, well maybe we could play as Gordon Ramsay and swear every now and then. :D

Huh, why would they just not release it on Switch?

They are holding it back, check the article here to understand why.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...y_for_nintendo_switch_is_ready_to_be_released

Really though I think it would be a good idea for nintendo to sell its ip content in stores like steam.
Valve has a pretty serious stance about pirating from game developers into their clients.
So nintendo wouldn't have much to worry about, they are trying to make waves through humble bundle.
However they are still are as high as ever. -_-
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/nintendo/

Back