Happy Birthday: World Wide Web turns 20

Emil

British engineer and computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) unveiled a project for organizing information on August 6, 1991. He called it the World…

Read the whole story

fpsgamerJR62

Imagine that! In the 20 years since its inception, the World Wide Web has had such a massive impact on our lives.

Archean

the World Wide Web has had such a massive impact on our lives

Aside from that Web's greatest achievement has been spreading pron to every corner of the world. :rolleyes:

But anyway, its been interesting two decades, I wonder what it will look like in the next two.

foreverzero89

Archean said:
the World Wide Web has had such a massive impact on our lives

Aside from that Web's greatest achievement has been spreading pron to every corner of the world. :rolleyes:

But anyway, its been interesting two decades, I wonder what it will look like in the next two.

thats what he created the web for.

G

"Thank you Berners-Lee!"

I hope he earned at least a little money....

It is sad and shocking than I could tell my childrens than I lived in a word without internet and now I live in the internet :-S

Per Hansson

Staff member
Rancid & HiDDeNMisT; The Internet was first utilized in 1969 so unless you are over 42 years old you are not older than the Internet ;)

Benny26

Happy Birthday Internet....You've simultaneously brought the world closer together and pushed the world further apart.

Here's to the next 20 years.

G

The Internet is since 1969, and really was only acessable by the techies. The WWW and utilizing names for adresses is what is 20 years old.