Hard Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currentlly having a problem with my Western Digital Caviar SE (WD1600AAJB)
Model: WD1600AAJB-00PVA0
WWN: 50014EE0004BA116
Drive Parameters: LBA 312581808 160.0 GB

This drive used to show on my computer, but then one day stopped alll together. On my BIOS it is not even recognizing as a HDD, but as a black space, where it used to say some long string for the name. I have tried adding it as a slave drive to another drive, a master with no slave, a master with a slave, and cable select, it is still not reading the drive.

Has anyone had a similar problems?

So, my question is, any way to revive it? or to use it for RAW storage (no OS, just to save movies and the such, and access as a slave)

Note: i shut down and reinstalled it as a slave drive my 20GB as master that im running, using everest nothing shows for it.

replace the circuit board on it with another from the exact same model. Get your data off it, then scrap it and buy a Seagate :p

ok, anything intersting i can make out of a dead harddrive?? a toy or something to amuse me? (i prefer not to waste my time, the info was irrelevant lol) now i want to use it for entertainment!!

Yes :)

You can get the Super Magnet out of the HardDrive
When you do get it out, make sure that you don't put your fingers between the magnet and the fridge. You'll see what I mean ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back