Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeCountyCa

Puter complained that it did not have enough storage. I plugged in a external hard drive and its still complaining. Newbie here, keep it simple. Thanks.

If it is complainig about not enough space then you need a bigger hard drive inside your pc, not outside of it!!!!

8 years is very old for a pc, replacing it would be a good idea!!!

DO NOT get dell or emachine unless you are fond of having pc hassle!!!
The cheapest and best thing to do is build one yourself!! As long as you are careful it inst that difficult at all!!!!

Wether you decide to buy of build, remember that you can get all the advice you will ever need right here on TechSpot!!!! It's what we are here for!!!!:)

OK shoot.
I surf web, download vidios - full length movies - but don't keep em. Want to be able to write letters and such and print them out. Want to do simple picture storage.
No music.
What would you suggest?

First i need to know where in this big 'ol world you are and what sort of spec you would like and what sort of cost you want to go to!!!!

For exaple, it you want to keep the cost down and don't want the absolute latest spec pc then ebay can be a good place to look!!!!

Southern Calif. Simple things for a PC.
I surf the web for information. Download and watch movies. Don't save them.
Want to learn how to create letters, print and save them.
May store home snapshot pictures.
That's about it.
You're being a big help.

How much do you want to spend and are you happy with second hand or would you profer brand new????

Money is always a problem but I am willing to spend what it takes to "modernize" what I've got. New is probably best. Like idea of warrenty and support, even if short ones. Gotta leave for about a hour.

If your going to build your own PC then make sure to find a website that does cheap parts, dont just go to PC World and buy the parts lol its like 4 times the price. I got my self build system from a very cheap website with a very good warranty at no extra charge.. but im not sure im suposed to advertise websites here. I got mine for £500 and its quite high spec compared to getting one off the shelf at a store, so if you want a better PC for the same price or or one just as good for less then building a PC is alot better than going to a shop.... even the places that build a custom PC for you charge alot for the fact that they build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back