Hard Reset Benchmarked: Graphics & CPU Tested

Iv had this game on my overly loaded tool bar for a while where I can't see it, Its the only game on there that hasn't been released yet. I like the look of t he gameplay videos and as soon as I get off work Ill check this puppy out. 29.99 is unusually reasonable. This game might be the kick in the *** I need to get a new monitor. Currently I have a vga monitor for shame with 1600x1050 res.

My experience is not nearly close to what you've experienced in your article, guys. Using the detected settings (1680x1050, all on high except physx, 8XAF and MLAA), I get pretty low frame rates. I have a I5 2500 CPU and a factory OC GTX 460 768 from Asus. It's playable when walking around, but not when you have 20 baddies coming for you and you start to electrocute them.

I know, the 460 768 MB is worse than the 460 1 GB, but not by much.

I'm the guest above, forgot to add... As soon as I disable antialiasing completely, all's peachy and it still looks amazing, so it's okay, it was more of a curiosity thing than anything else. Thanks for the tip, btw, didn't know about the game and I sure loved the atmosphere... Blade Runner style.

The same guest again... Hmm, after more experimenting, it's strange.

The included benchmark finishes at 33 min, 88 max, 58 average on Ultra with MLAA. And the game runs fine, as long as I don't enable VSYNC, but I get tearing without it.

I've been playing this game for about 40 minutes and it's back to basics with the gameplay. I like it.

I've been playing the game and I can tell you guys that is amazing. This a shooter form a time when shooting was all about fun. Great Review for a great game, pretty much recommended.

I noticed the article mentions you enabled everything, including tessellation, yet this is a DirectX 9-only game. Tessellation is surely only supported under DirectX 11 or have the developers of this game managed it with their custom engine?

I just got a chance to play the demo it looks pretty slick. I just hope it has a large variety of enemies.

I'm getting different results with my card. Using a stockspeed i5-760, i get 34.7 min 121.3 max and 70.2 fps avg with my gtx460 1gb. The guest above me, have you tried disabling the input lag reduction? If you're not using vsync, you don't need that either. It got me 2/3 fps extra.

(http://i.imgur.com/lgKvI.jpg // http://i.imgur.com/HYnjZ.jpg)

Thank you , for using the latest drivers on old cards as compared to newer cards ,as my is GTX 470 sli , did as well as the gtx 590 , that fact alone makes me proud ,both cards cost me less than 400 big ones! using the same driver , that's the way to do a review .

Back