Hard wire connection on wireless router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

After reading about the new draft n routers, and doing a bunch of research on specs and reviews on non-n routers, I found a reasonable priced D-Link DI-634M 108g MIMO wireless router and a matching desktop adapter for my computer and laptop adapter for another laptop that will be on the same system.

One thing I haven't been able to determine is this: the product description for the wireless router includes a "4-port switch". Does this mean I would be able to maintain the existing hard wire connection for one computer and just use the wireless for the other one, which is what we'd prefer to do?

Thanks!

Yes up to 4 hard wired connections, and can't remember howmany wireless (maximum) but lots anyway.

macx said:
After reading about the new draft n routers, and doing a bunch of research on specs and reviews on non-n routers, I found a reasonable priced D-Link DI-634M 108g MIMO wireless router and a matching desktop adapter for my computer and laptop adapter for another laptop that will be on the same system.

One thing I haven't been able to determine is this: the product description for the wireless router includes a "4-port switch". Does this mean I would be able to maintain the existing hard wire connection for one computer and just use the wireless for the other one, which is what we'd prefer to do?

Thanks!

There is this one and a business version that is 10/100/1000 wireless but both are discontinued but can be had for new. Still the prices is up in the hundred mark.

I got fairly lucky and got a good used one complete with software and AC adapter for $50 shipped.

Not to mention that you can connect any amount of additional switches, hubs and routers to the four embedded ports and have virtually infinite amount of hosts hardwired..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back