Having some problems with a Small-CHC trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Last night Avast! detected a Trojan while i was watching a movie and since then it has been detecting a new Trojan every 5-10 minutes or so. Assuming that this is some kind of program designed to download specific Trojans for some reason or another.

Avast! lists it as: Win32:Small-CHC [Trj]

I completed the eight steps in the instructions for malware removal and have been unsuccessful so far getting rid of whatever is causing the problem.

So far i have been deleting every Trojan that Avast! detects, but that has not seemed to help so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edit: I cant seem to find the log for SuperSpyWare anywhere...

Update:

I have ran all of the scans a few additional times. Each time nothing was found.

Every 10 minutes or so a new torjan is found and i have been moving them into Avast!'s virus chest.

they are all files that are located in the temp file

all have random 3 or 4 letter names .tmp

Update:

Still unable to find the source of the problem.

I have finished two boot scans with Avast and both were unable to find something that was infected.

Should i use TFC to clean out my temp files? All of the viruses that Avast seems to find are located in the temp file, but as far as i can tell by looking in the folders, nothing is out of place.

removed temp files, no fix to the problem. Still getting the same random chain of temp file viruses.

I was doing some reading at work today about it and as far as i can tell, there is a huge list of the Trojan root on McAfee with instructions for removing it on either ME or XP. However, im running vista and the system restore function, which it wants to you edit, is a little different than XP.

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back