Having to press "BACK" 4 times??

RustyZip

Hi...

I've found when browsing the forums, i have to press "BACK" four times to get back to the previous screen...

I'm not complaining as such, but is this suppossed to happen?

I'm using IE6.

Cheers...

I've never experienced that... have you tried using any other browser and see what happens?

Anyone else having the same problem?

I have that problem because of an edited hosts file - have you added/modified your host file to include loopbacks for the banners on this site? If so then you will have to hit back the number of times as there are banners+1 to go back. With the new modification of code Julio did you may find it easier to just remove this from your hosts file and get the 2 pop-unders max per day..

LNCPapa

No... I havn't used any othere browser, i'm afraid i have only IE6 installed.

LNCPapa: I own my own house, so i have no hosts.:cool: :p

Only j/k.. Sorry, i havn't got a clue what your on about, what is a hosts file?? To my knowledge i havn't changed any "host file"...

Cheers...

UPDATE:

If i press the little arrow by the "BACK" button, the first 3 are:-

ad-flow.com
ad-flow.com
burstnet.com

which i presume what you are on about LNC Papa, but how to fix it??? Is it something i've done??

Check this directory
C:\%WINDOWS%\system32\drivers\etc and you should see a hosts file with no extension. Open it with notepad and see what localhost loopbacks you have listed.

You should have 127.0.0.1 -> localhost

Anything else looped back to 127.0.0.1 it going to come back to your machine instead. You can easily test this by creating a new line that says:

127.0.0.1 %My_website%

Where you place your selected website's address in the %My_website% section. Now when you visit that address you shouldn't get anything. Just remove any other loopbacks you have to other addresses (probably those ad-links) and things should start working again. I warn you, if you were doing this to affect another site then you will be correcting it for that site as well.

LNCPapa

I've just found what the problem was.

I'd installed Kazaa-lite, and it installed some program that gets rid of ads and banners and stuff...

I think i'll stick with the inconvenience of having to pressing back 4 times, if it means less ads, pop-ups etc...

Thanks LNCPapa, you pushed me in the right direction...

Cheers...

the latest kazaa lite shoves a bunch of stuff into the hosts file, yes, which prevents ad popups....

We do not endorse the use of such utilities though, at least not in our site, but then again you can do as you like.

Back