HDTV as PC Monitor..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviouz

I have a few G's to splurge and I am wanting to get a Nice Flat Screen HDTV to take the place of my PC monitor..

What would be the best kind of HDTV to do this..??
LCD or LED or Plasma..??

Something in between the 50" - 60" range will do..

What would all you experts out there recommend..??

What are all the Pros & Cons and tech shizz that I should take into consideration..??

Cons:
HDTV's are scalar- i.e. fixed resolution. Not a problem if you either don't game, or your graphics card can run 1920 x 1080 on any game you're likely to play, or you have a console handy. Slower response time -although the ghosting and motion blur differs from brand to brand and isn't (usually) overly apparent unless you are looking for it. Not much else in the way of downside I think.
Pro's: Obvious stuff- Big, inbuilt tv tuner, better connectivity than monitors, Picture-in-picture and multiple open windows applications come into their own on the bigger screen, watching the jaw's drop of visitors.
Plasma's are supposed to be cheaper in the larger sizes and offer a quicker response time-supposedly, but the best implementation I've yet seen (for gaming and blu ray/HD playback) personally is LED backlit LCD- although where I live 46" are the limit for most budgets- 50-52"+ carry a hefty premium.

Well im thinking about getting a 60" plasma HDTV and the main thing im concerned about is the Burn-In factor...

And since I want to use the TV as my main PC monitor I know im gunna be having the monitor on a lot of the time and there's gunna be lots of static images and icons on the screen most of the time...

Has the Burn-In Factor for most recent plasmas been reduced significantly to the point were they aren't really a concerning problem now..??

Other than that I will be using the TV for PS3 Gaming and watching HD movies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back