Head cleaning separate ink cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mu5ician

Hi,

I've been looking in google today for a program that can head clean separate new cartridges. I use an epson DX4050 and everytime I replace one of the ink cartridges, I have to waste other ink performing these head cleaning maintenance tasks.

any would be appreciated...

many thanks

Ironically, you can do the manual works by yourself using only 70% rubbing alcohol and swabs.

Take the printer out, and wet the swab, and rub the head one way ( Push the ink cake away from ink's connection matrix, do it once per side of swab, rotate to cleaner side, and do it again with opposite side of swab

Repeat until you get it clean, and use the dry swab to dry it. Let it sit inside printer for a minute, and fire it up and go for head cleaning again.

If not, your printer might need some services.

There's nothing wrong with the printer, it's just most of the time when I replace an empty cartridge with a new one, the print outs are missings certain parts (lines etc). I know I have to use the head cleaning in the maintanence software with the printer, but I wanted something to clean just one head instead of all the other colours too.

Thanks for the input mate.

Just found the SSC Service Utility. I think that's more what I was looking for as a solution, it just doesn't support my printer model :)

I'll post in software now I think, thanks for the help Bushwhacker.

that's a normal event with inkjets. As you replace cartridges air pockets get into the system which have to be purged. If you're trying to save ink, get a refill kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back