Headset & Home theater system

Status
Not open for further replies.

total90

Sorry, i dont know where else to post so here we go.

I have a razer megalodon gaming headset, but when i switch it to 7.1 mode the sound seems to be 'blurry' and unclear, without its surrounding effect. when i switch it back to 2.1 mode the music and sounds sound crystal clear.
I did set my games to 5.1 or 7.1 output, so idk whats wrong.
Megalodon has its own sound card, so does that mean it will totally ignore my original sound card?

I have ASUS P5SD2-A mother board and it has 6 channel audio so i'll assume its integrated sound card can support 5.1 audio anyway?

On to the next question, Im interested in getting a logitech G51 5.1 surround system, so as i mentioned above, will my motherboard(integrated sound card) support this system?

Thanks

total90 says....
"Megalodon has its own sound card, so does that mean it will totally ignore my original sound card? "

This headset may preferably be used with a powered usb as well.

Note: The Megalodon will not be able to produce a surround field with only 2 channels from the source material. The Megalodon will perform as a quality stereo headset when listening to a stereo source in 2.0 mode. I think that is your answer about the supplied sound option with the headset.

sorry, i dont quite get what u mean here.
i did plug my headset's USB to my comp, and ive set my game's audio option as 5.1 or 7.1
anything else i should do?

According to Razor Megaldon FAQ on the site; you should set 7.1 for either 5.1 or 7.1 sound solutions. However from a stereo source you should set 2.0 mode.

Now your mother board's specifications on the Asus site say its a 6 channel audio. I am assuming it is actually 6.1 (.1 for subwoofer). So according to razor's documentation it should work either in 7.1 or 5.1 configuration; if it doesn't try it on another computer with similar sound card, if the headset works ok there then its your sound card's issue (perhaps older drivers as well?). Do they provide any tech support/warranty for these headsets ?

Edit:
You also need to configure/select sound options of each game by either selecting 7.1 or 5.1 etc.

i can see ur point, however since megalodon has its own sound card connected with its own cable, it will use its own sound card (which means it will ignore my computer's sound card), am i correct?

yea i did set my games to 5.1/7.1 output, but it still sound weird...

can you check your headset on another computer? that will give you a definitive answer about whether its something with your computer's motherboard sound option/or with headset.

oh and if you can help with this problem as well...

so how to make my xbox 360 go 5.1?
I've got a TV, a Xbox 360, and a Pionner home theater system(5.1), but i can't get it to work with 5.1 channel. It will only give me standard 2.1.

I would assume its cable connection problem, because my 360 is only connected to the TV, and then the 5.1 system is connected to the TV.

What/how should I do to make my room go 5.1?

thanks

Audio cable selection also depend on the type of sound solution you are going to attach as described in the guide i.e. analog / or digital.

What exactly is Pionner home theater system's model number?

ok, i've tried my megalodon on the other comp and the result is the same: very clear on 2.1 mode and f-ed up on 7.1 mode... i can even tell the enemy location on 2.1 mode

my system is HTZ171DVD

In that case i'll advise you to send your headset back for warranty claim (i hope it came with some sort of warranty)

And towards your question of HDMI and Audio ..... here is a link which explains HDMI for you; and I think you should be just fine with your HDMI cable and be able to play videos/audio without any hitch.

yea i just dropped by a near local store and asked about the theater system, they said i'll need a optical cable and i didnt know it :p

so yea basically im all set except with my megalodon headset =[
asking in progress though. hopefully i'll get sth soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back