Headset issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a real issue that I can't seem to find out how to fix.

I own a Alienware Area 51 7500 series. It is brand new about 1 week old. I also own a headset from Wal Mart which is about 2 weeks old.

Here is the problem.

I want to chat with some friends using Ventrilo. I hook up my headset to my computer and Realtek HD Audio Manager tells me that I have plugged in something. It pops up a box and I choose the "Headset" option.

Now when I enter Ventrilo, I can hear people but the mic wont pick up my voice. I checked to see if I had anything on mute and nothing was on mute. I made sure the volume was all the way up and it was.

I then tried to record myself using the Windows Recorder program and I could not hear myself on that either. So it was not Ventrilo that caused the problem. I then took my headset to another PC to see if it was the headset but the headset worked fine on the other PC.

What is real odd here though.. When I am trying to record myself while people on vent are speaking, it records those people who are speaking. It is hard to explain, I hope I did my best to explain that part.

It is like my Microphone on the headset is acting like a speaker. If that made any sense.

I double checked to make sure nothing was on mute, I double checked to make sure the headset worked, and I double checked to make sure the plugs were in the correct slot. I tried both front and back slots on my PC and nothing.

I tried to explain my problem the best I can. If you need more information feel free to ask. Any help would be great, I have been going crazy trying to get this to work.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back