Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

ginny2221956

My m-in-l's computer crashed so I brought it to my house to reinstall everything for her. I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house, but I am still having a couple of problems. I've searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet, so I thought I would post on here.

I noticed a yellow circle with a "!" in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters/Video Controller (VGA Compatible)". In the system tray it says "Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series". So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law's GT5222e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series so I downloaded it & extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message

"Severe - Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup."

So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying:

"The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed, or ATI driver is not working properly. The ATI Control Panel will now exit."

Any suggestions would be appreciated to how & where do I fix this.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot. :)

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

You probably need to install/upgrade dot net (.Net). You can find that in Windows updates.

go to AMD offical site and contact with the support team ,because they surely know a solution for this problem.

Thank you for your help

Thank you for your help & understanding. I am working on your suggestions. I'll post later what worked and didn't work.

Back