Hello..i have this weirrrd problem in my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2playcs

this weird problem,System Idle Process,it keeps going up to 90 or 98% then goes down then shoots up again

i have this programs installed in my computer:

Symantec Coporate Antivirus

Sony Ericsson W700i mobile phone tools

WLM Ripper

Windows Live messenger

Intel Extreme Graphics

Steam Powered(to play HL and CS)

SoundMan

creative SB Live n Creative prodikeys

Computer Specs :

1 gig ram

P4 2.4gig pentium

Iwill Original Casing and Mother

what's the problem?

someone please help?

That`s perfectly normal.

The system idle process means the amount of resources you have left. Not what`s being used.

If you study the processes tab in task manager, you will see what processes are using in terms of resources. As these processes fluctuate, you will notice your system idle process fluctuates as well.

Regards Howard :)

yeah..ok..i get what you mean but..the computer sometimes lag cos of system idle process.is there a way to stop it from lagging? the last installed program was WS_FTP and that started to lagg my pc and i uninstalled it then System Idle Process still goes to 98 97%.sometimes,when i'm talkin in msn,it started to hang then ok.

Perhaps it is the Norton anti-virus program you have installed. It is probably scanning in the background and hogging resources while doing so.

Well those intel integrated video cards really lag everything out, I had a PC with that. Is that your primary video?

mailpup said:
Perhaps it is the Norton anti-virus program you have installed. It is probably scanning in the background and hogging resources while doing so.

no....not possible.its process after typing ctrl alt delete is RtvScan.exe right?

if it is,its not doing anything.

its 0 %

sellmesanity said:
Well those intel integrated video cards really lag everything out, I had a PC with that. Is that your primary video?

well..its my primary video card..i can't buy another card cuz i got no $$ and i hv no time going out.

any more ideas how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back