HELP?! Caught by some kind of Nebular trojan (or more...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have Norton Antivirus installed and it keeps poping up a windown stating that the trojan nebuler has infected the computer but that it can't quaranteen it. Now it also seems to take up space on the harddrive.. (says I'm running out of space even though I had loads free just a couple of hours ago..).. and I have NO idea on what to do... feels like I've tried everything, been searching for answers for hours..

I have just scanned the computer in safe mode with HJT and attached it to this post. After making the HJT scan I scanned the computer with Ewido (still in safe mode) and got this log:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 21:13:26 2006-08-27

+ Scan result:

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\tmp3620.tmp -> Dropper.Agent.asl : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.11:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.48:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.49:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.37:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.38:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.44:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.45:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.46:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.47:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.35:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.50:C:\Documents and Settings\Björn\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a5acv25x.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end

I chose "perform action on all infections".

After this I emptied all temp files by using cleanmgr and restarted the computer into nornal mode and scanned it with spybot - found nothing but norton kept poping up with it having found nebuler but not being able to do anything about it.

Anyone with any ideas on what to do?? Any kind of help would be highly appreciated...!

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Run a full system scan with your antivirus programme and delete whatever it finds.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Done, but the problems still remain.. :( Norton keeps warning me about the Trojan.Nebular and it not being able to quaranteen it.
Anything else that might help?

I could, and maybe it would be the best solution for really getting rid of all the problems, just burn all the important files on a dvd and re-install the whole computer.. it wouldn't be fun. But then, neither is having this trojan haunting my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back