Help finding a socket T (LGA 775) mainboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfram

Hello guys!

Here I am trying to find a socket T mainboard, that´s compatible with Celeron D 352 Cedar Mill.
My budget is very low, around 60 dlls :mad:
I just want a good board, now I don´t care about overclocking, just a good, stable and compatible board, also I need an AGP slot.
It would be very expensive to change CPU, mobo, and video card right now.
Any help is apreciatted a lot!

Thanks!! :) :wave:

P.D. I know I have a thread regarding this, so, if you are a moderator, please delete the thread called "Celeron D 352 Cedar Mill motherboard support"

Thanks for your response.

I can pay 60 or 65 dlls for the mainboard right now.
Currently, I have a 9600XT video card, and my father will pay (hopefully) the new CPU.

Are you sure that VIA and SIS chipsets support the Celeron Cedar Mill???

Thanks a lot!

To my knowledge.. If you are not sure, and depending on your location (USA, Canada, Ect.) you can call your local Best Buy, Comp USA, or some other computer related store with great knowledge.

Ask for either the computer department, or the greek squad, (Best Buy) I think they suck, but they may be able to help you.

If you are looking for a simple board, then these are great, but if you are looking for expandability, these are very outdated.

What kind of card do you have? If you have a 775 socket processor, I’m sure you aren’t looking for a new PCI Express GF card.

Speaking of which, what kind of a card do you have? AGP, or PCI?

Thanks for your response!

My PC is an ATX machine. That shouldn´t be a problem.
I would like that the motherboad I´m looking for has dual channel RAM. I would like this Gigabyte motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128008

It should be good for me. And has dual channel too. What do you think about this?
I would like to know if the 865G chipset supports the Celeron Cedar Mill.

Also, Do you know how to contact Gigabyte´s customer support?

I have tried, but their website is a little confusing.

Thanks for your time!!

wolfram said:
Thanks for your response!

My PC is an ATX machine. That shouldn´t be a problem.
I would like that the motherboad I´m looking for has dual channel RAM. I would like this Gigabyte motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128008

It should be good for me. And has dual channel too. What do you think about this?
I would like to know if the 865G chipset supports the Celeron Cedar Mill.

Also, Do you know how to contact Gigabyte´s customer support?

I have tried, but their website is a little confusing.

Thanks for your time!!
That mobo u posted is pretty good but the one I posted has 5 PCI slots & 4 USB ports. If ur not bothered about inserting too many PCI cards or using the USB slots too much, get the MicroATX one. Dual channel is supported by both of them. Its all up to u in the end.

Thanks for your valuable response!

Now I´ve changed my mind again!

Now I want a LGA 775 motherboard with PCI-Express. It´s now time to toss away my AGP card.
Now I would like a motherboard with the Intel 900 series chipsets. They must support the celeron cedar mill. Also, they have to be compatible with standard PC3200 RAM.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Also, I forgot to mention that I don´t have a single PCI card. All the slot are empty and I don´t plan to add a PCI card in a very long time...

Um ok.. You still need the 775 I presume.

You must keep in mind if going to PCI-E, then the price is nearly going to double, just to let you know, but in the end, a very smart move.

If so, here is a PCI-Express Mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135006

$60.99

Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type: Socket T (LGA 775)
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 Prescott/Celeron D
FSB: 800/533MHz
Supported CPU Technologies: Hyper-Threading Technology

Chipsets
North Bridge: Intel 915PL
South Bridge: Intel ICH6

Memory
Number of DDR Slots: 2x 184pin DDR
DDR Standard: DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Maximum Memory Supported: 2GB
Dual Channel Supported: Yes

Expansion Slots
AGP Slots: None
PCI Express x16: 2
PCI Express x1: 1
PCI Slots: 3

I wish I could figure out if it could support Cedar, do a little Google-ing.

The 915PL should support Cedar Mill i think. I´ll contact Intel and see what happens next.

Regarding the motherboard you suggested, I don´t know if ECS is a good company. I heard TERRIBLE reviews on ECS motherboards. They also say that their customer support is horrible.

I would spend up to 75 dlls if necessary. I just want a compatible and good motherboard.

I wouldn't suggest going with a Micro board, because it will severely limits you in expansion, but it's your move..

Let me know how it goes..

Thanks for that EXCELLENT suggestion Rage_3K_Moiz!!

I have contacted Intel about Cedar Mill support. I´ll see what happens next.
I´m really considering that motherboard. It should be very good an nice price! Also, made by Intel for an Intel CPU.
Thanks a lot for your help!
I don´t really mind that it is a MicroATX board, since I don´t have a SINGLE PCI card and I don´t plan to add one in a VERY VERY long future.

Now, I´ll need some help choosing a video card, but I´ll make a new thread for that.

Thanks for your time and valuable help! :) :giddy: :wave: :wave:

Again!!
I have changed my mind a bit!!!

Now, I got some money and can afford an Athlon 64 3000+ CPU

I´ve been waiting a while to switch to amd, and this is the oportunity.

If for some reason I can´t do that, I´ll go for the intel board Rage3k suggested. Now i´ll open another thread regarding AMD.

Thanks for the help!

Thread closed hopefully!

wolfram said:
Thanks for that EXCELLENT suggestion Rage_3K_Moiz!!

I have contacted Intel about Cedar Mill support. I´ll see what happens next.
I´m really considering that motherboard. It should be very good an nice price! Also, made by Intel for an Intel CPU.
Thanks a lot for your help!
I don´t really mind that it is a MicroATX board, since I don´t have a SINGLE PCI card and I don´t plan to add one in a VERY VERY long future.

Now, I´ll need some help choosing a video card, but I´ll make a new thread for that.

Thanks for your time and valuable help! :) :giddy: :wave: :wave:
Awww, ur making me blush! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back