Help for SLI mobo

Omnislip

Ill keep this short

LGA1156 (space for aftermarket cooler)
SLI compatable
Very overclockable
Cheap
Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX
SATA 6Gb/s and USB 3.0 are not essential, but would be nice. I wouldn't pay over the odds for them

Ive found some cracking boards, but those do not support SLI.

Heres the system if it helps:
i5 760
GTX 460
Antec 902
4GB RAM
Im not going to have dozens of hard drives (so I dont need 1000 SATA ports)

Thanks from a novice,
Jonny.

EDIT: Please see post 7 for update

Well I could give you a budget but it would be in pounds and then you would have to add on VAT and the UK commercial rip off charge as well as the exchange rate. So Ill just say mid range.

Also I can find a list of these motherboards anywhere, I was interested to hear opinions of people who keep up with these reviews and/or own one.

Well I could give you a budget but it would be in pounds and then you would have to add on VAT and the UK commercial rip off charge as well as the exchange rate. So Ill just say mid range.

No problem. Just look up e-buyer or Aria PC for the same motherboard models.

As I just said in my above post, in my opinion at least, there is plenty of room around the cpu on the MSI board for a big heatsink/fan. I really don't have that much experience with a lot of cpu heatsinks, but the ones that I have used all restrict installing and removing your ram, which is more than likely the case with all those boards you have listed. I've also got a Gigabyte socket 1156 board that is the same way, plenty of room except some of the access to the ram is restricted.

Anyway, having said all that, I've used all the brands that you have listed and they are all good boards I imagine. I'm sure you will be happy with any of them.

Either the ASUS or MSI. Both are very good brands. Just a small note, the MSI P55 GD65 has two editions. The older one I think is not SLI...

Back