Help in pasting from web to E-Mail or Word

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( When I am on the web and copy a subject to the clip board, then try and paste it into an e-mail using outlook 2002, I get a small logo basicly blue green in color and a arrow pointing up. When I go back and copy the same thing again and paste it again it usually works. How can I correct this situation?
I thank you for your time.
Al Reeder

Not exactly sure how you do what you are doing, but normally you put the mouse-cursor at the beginning of the text you want to copy.
Then hold the left button down unitl you are at the end of the wanted text, then you press the Ctrl and C keys at the same time, go into your Word/Email program, put the cursor where you want the text, and then press Ctrl and V keys together.
For this to work, Word (and of course the email-prog) must be allowed web-access by your firewall.

Thanks for the reply, but what you described is just what I do. When I paste I get a small logo of an envelope with a up arrow on blue and green. I do not get the text that I should be getting.
If I go back to the web and select the text again, then go to the e-mail and paste it in, it usually works the second or third time.
Any ideas? Help!!!!!

IT sounds like you might be pasting your things in as an attachment. I'm not exactly sure if this is the problem or not, or how to change it, but that is what it sounds like to me.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back