help installing game, help/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie.benstead

I have been trying to install Command and conquer the original on my pc but it will not install. I have a patch to make it work on windows XP but I have to add the patch after installing. I did install it ages ago before I got the patch but couldnt play it so I uninstalled it. Now when I try install it it will just close itself and go back to windows and not say anything, but if i go to windows task manager and processes it says its still processing. Also I have tried windows compatabilty which does not work. Why does it just close itself when it never used to. help please guys

Also posted in Windows OS forum, werent to sure where to put it.

Are you still having trouble or did someone in the other forum fix it?
If not I can try and install it here and see what happens....

Still having trouble. The thing what I dont understand is it opens in like the dos window then it will go fullscreen like it should but a split second later it exits itself and returns to windows...

Thanks for that but it still didnt get the game working. The thing is I have a patch to make it work, but I cant install the game. I have previously installed it on this computer but uninstalled it. Now when I try install it will start to load and then close itself. I think this might be because when trying to install it awhile ago I loaded but I selected the wrong sound card. Ever since then it will not load. So what can I do?

Thanks for that mate I already have that though. The problem I am getting is installing the game. As I have already said I have installed it previosly but uninstalled it. Then when trying to install again I selected the wrong sound card option and it closed. Now if I try open the setup file it wont load. Any ideas?

Search through your registry and try to find the keys for that game. You should be able to change the soundcard that it uses in there.

Start > Run > Regedit

You're gonna want to find the games settings so go to the Edit Menu > Find... > Command and Conquer or Westwood or something that would relate to the game, keep trying until you find it then expand the view and look for sound or something. Make sure you make a backup of the registry before you change anything, unless you already have one:

So before you do ^that^ click My Computer in the registry (regedit) window and go to File > Export then name it backup or something and put it where you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back