Help me choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuonggg

What should i get for my computer..

a new processor, motherboard, ram Or a new graphics card, and Lcd

Right now i have a:
((1))opteron 165 2.6ghz, DFI ultra-d modded to sli-d, and 512x2gb of corsair XMS.
If i am going to replace Proc,mobo,ram i would replace it with a, e6600, evga 680i, 2x1gb ram.

((2))For Graphics card & Lcd i have a x800GTO right now with a 19" widescreen.
If I am going to upgrade that it would be a 8800GTS 320mb with a 22" widescreen LCD and ofcourse I would probably need a new psu.

I mostly play games and use it for converting/watching movies.

So would choice number ((1)) be good choice or number ((2)).

THanks.

Now, I haven't upgraded much the past year sadly, due to budget restraints ;), so this is just my opinion.

First note, I see your psu is 450 wat? If that is the case you may want to upgrade your power supply before getting a new card, although your psu might do find, I'm really not sure about that. Just be aware that the 8800gts consumes a massive amount of power.

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2007q1/geforce-8800gts-320mb/index.x?pg=9

Next, I would say that the video card and monitor would, of course, instantly increase your visuals and gaming performance (no duh ;) ;however, I would suggest getting the motherboard, RAM and maybe even a new Cpu beforehand. The video card and Screen will only go down in price, but the RAM and Mobo may not change very dramatically any time soon.

Again, that is just my opinion, so don't fly on it, peace out.

Option 2 all the way! The Opteron 165 is a very nice cpu, though you may want to slap in some more memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back