Help me overclock CPU with BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g4mer

Im trying to overclock my cpu. its AMD Athlon64 3000+ "Venice" 1.81GHz. I searched Google and I found a couple of sites that are overclocking this cpu to 2.6-2.7GHz. I want to overclock it with bios, but I dont understand how to set the multiplier, fsb, HT frequency, width... Its better to ask you guys if someone has this cpu, and can help me overclock mine as well. I dont have stability problems like before. My motherboard is MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum, I have 1,5GB RAM, 450W PSU.

I uploaded bios and cpuz picture.

Attachments

• bios.JPG
    bios.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 3
  • CPUZss.JPG
    CPUZss.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 5
It's typically not a good idea to overclock if you don't know the basics; there's only so much we can tell you before you dive in. firstly, make sure your cooling system is up to par in order to cope with the additional power that the processor needs to consume. second, post the speed and timings of your RAM and brand if you know. CPU-Z can display memory information...

My cooling is ok, temps are below 30 when gaming, PSU is 450W FRONTIER, I'll post memory timings soon.

I have 4 ram modules:
1st slot 512MB PQI,
2nd slot 256MB Corsair,
3rd slot 512MB PQI,
4th slot 256MB PQI
All DDR400. im buying 2x512MB soon to replace those two with 256MB.

I know basics of overclocking, im not a complete noob :D

well FSB and CPU multiplier are the basics... then you get to ratios and RAM timings

it's better to have all of the exact same memory modules due to timings and voltages but you might be able to get a stable overclock. i'd start by reading some Athlon64 specific guides and then perhaps looking at some K8N resources - there should be plenty. you want to take your time and raise the FSB in 5mhz increments until the computer doesn't past post or Windows fails to load or blue screens on you. once that happens you will need to turn to voltage and/or RAM voltage and timings. that's basically the general overclocking workflow.

I increased FSB to 250 with decreasing HT Width to 8down-8up and HT Frequency to 3x. I increased CPU VID by 3.3, and Memory voltage to 2.75. I dont feel like going further...I have no problems when in Windows, but when i run Prime95, it showes me some memory leak error... thats probably RAM causing problems.

My memory timings are 2.5 - 3 - 7 - 3 [2T Timings]. I saw that on boot screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back