Help me please, my computer will not recognize my hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
one day i restarted my computer and it it couldn't start windows, so i tried to start it in safe mode and it would stop at mup.sys and then just restart. so i tried to reformat by accessing the restore partition on my hard drive but it wouldn'y open. so i tried to install windows with a disk i have used many times on other computers, i downloaded it from mininova it is called superwin aio. it said there was no hard drive when i tried to install windows. so i used a tool on the dist to format my hard drive and it still will not recogonize that my hard drive is there. what can i do? please help me

Theres a pretty good chance that it has died.

Check the Power & IDE or SATA cables are firmly inserted

Go into the BIOS - generally by pressing the DEL key at POST screen - and see if it shows up there - if it doesn't, then it's time for a new HDD, and everything on it is gone.

Sorry for the bad news on Christmas

Steve

well the thing is that my computer is an hp pavilion laptop and when i would press the quick play button, hp quick play would start up and it would recognize all the files on my hard drive even though windows setup would say there was no hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back