Help me with Windows XP to Windows XP black edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbrxlunch

i want my pc to be formatted and i already have windows xp. i want to put on windows xp black edition. how do i do this? how do i start this process? and do i have to backup all of my drivers?

You want to remove XP and then put XP back on?
And you need help in backing up your drivers?

It seems strange to me :)

Note: Your drivers come from your computer's or motherboard manufacturers support site (looking HERE may help with that ;))

But how to format and install Windows?
Just put in the Windows setup disc, boot from it, and do a clean install (note: format is an option during the install)

ok thanks. now like i said shud i backup my drivers onto a external hdd? or just dont worry about them. i have an old asus motherboard. my computer is old. it only has a 27gb hdd. its so slow cuz its full. i have to use my laptop to post this cuz its so slow. that why i want to format it. and i want to delete xp and then reinstall xp because im reinstalling black edition and i want that.

Oh I see, because "Black Edition" comes with less, and is also less on Ram resource
You know many Users are updating to Windows 7 these days :D And Hard Drives (27 Gig) is unheard of. ie a 40 Gig harddrive is probably worth about $10 :D and a normal size Hard Drive (you know 500 Gig or a terabyte, is just so inexpensive now ;)

But you "want" to do this, so as you can hopefully have a working computer ;)
Hmm, I think they have $50 computers on eBay with 80Gig Harddrives with XP installed as well, that are really really old

I wonder if it would be easier just to save (a few) bucks, and get new hardware, say less than 8 years old? What do you think? Good idea?

dude my computer is fine. i dont want a new one. and i cant run windows 7 anyway. u need at least 1000MHz processor. mine is 600MHz... im not lookin to run anything fancy im just trying to get this back into suitable working condition.and i never heard of an 40gb hdd for 10$. i see 40gb hdd's for around 40-50$ oh and whats also unheard of...is that my hdd speed is 4200rpm. that is slower then the grass grows

To prepare for a full reinstall
=> Use Produkey to retrieve your current product activation keys for Windows OS, Office, etc (you'll need them)
=> Use DriverMax to export all your current drivers to removable media (so you don't have to search for all your drivers from scratch after install)
=> Make sure you recover any other product keys for other things you paid for as you'll need to re-enter those keys again after reinstall
=> Look through Add/Remove Programs to note programs you need to reinstall. Check if they're available for download online or you still have their download CDs
=> Backup all your personal files/folders
=> When you reformat your drive, do a FULL format not a quick format

OK :)

Well I haven't heard of a 27Gig HDD so we are even
By the way, I meant used 40 Gig

Also "600MHz" ?
I think I saw some down at the local Tip, but no one wanted it ;) ;)

oh a used one. 600MHz i my processor speed. terrible. and what do you mean by " I think i saw some down at the local Tip, but no one wanted it" ?

I'll tell you the truth (on my kids name)
I threw away 4 (thats four) 800MHz complete computers with 15"Monitors and 20Gig Harddrives (working!) about 3 weeks ago

Thats right, I threw them away into the rubbish (seeming they were rubbish)

=> Use Produkey to retrieve your current product activation keys for Windows OS, Office, etc (you'll need them)
=> Use DriverMax to export all your current drivers to removable media (so you don't have to search for all your drivers from scratch after install)
=> Make sure you recover any other product keys for other things you paid for as you'll need to re-enter those keys again after reinstall
=> Look through Add/Remove Programs to note programs you need to reinstall. Check if they're available for download online or you still have their download CDs
=> Backup all your personal files/folders
=> When you reformat your drive, do a FULL format not a quick format

ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back