Help Needed with a New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillAllen55

I have put together a new build and have got it to the splash screen.
When attempting to install Windows XP It gives the message the installation has been stopped to protect hardware. I have all of the particulars in my profile. All of the info is recent.
I'm very new to building a new system would appreciate using the English language (laymens terms) if possible. The problem I have is that when it attempts to install Windows XP home edition it will load all of the necessary drivers then when it prepares to install the OS it gives me the referenced stop message. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

bump

The copy of xp you are trying to install is one that was originally bundled with a different computer ? or is it brand new OEM.After finishing my build I discovered that my original xp disc would not load onto new system because its sku# was associated with a different computer thus requiring me to buy a new copy.However I feel I might have saved a few bucks if I called microsoft support and kindly asked them to change my old disk's association so that I could install. Give MS a call and see what they can do for you.

this will be the third time i've changed my certified copy of XP to an new system. went from original motherboard to an alt motherboard now going from the alt motherboard to a totally different build altogether. I'm not sure I understand as the computer is not hooked up to cable yet. I'm not sure what you are saying as to what Microsoft could do to assist?

I have another computer in which I'm using to get tech assist I'm not sure what you are saying when saying to install an XP on that computer as it is already there.
I'm saying I can't get the XP to load on my new computer. Getting all types of error message in the blue stop screen. BSOD

Nah, I mean put the new HDD into your old PC and try installing Windows on it. Then use the info in that thread I linked you to, to transfer the HDD with the OS still on it to the new computer. Should be easy enough.

Help Needed With New Build

The new HD is a SATA drive My old drive is an IDE I don't have an adapter ribbon connection handy. Is there a process available that could give me information as to the credibility of the new components?
I'm also wondering about this business asking about scsi or raid drivers needed early on in the XP install process. IF I am installing just one hard drive is it necessary to have scsi drivers loaded from a floppy at this part of the new install? (where it is asking to pree F6 to install scsi or raid drivers) I have been told this is not something that is needed but just am running out of ideas as what I can to do effect a positive outcome. (meaning of course to complete the XP install without the BSOD.

you do need the SATA DRIVERS LOADED 1ST, at the F6 question.
Also, did you put thermal paste on the cpu before installing the heatsink fan?

Thanks for your response!

I have been trying to get 'someone' to give me an answer to that question. (F6 drivers needed) Next question with this new info in mind is where can I locate such drivers for a MB listed as:IGABYTE GA-EP45-DS4P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
processor is Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

When searching for these drivers exactly what is the name of the drivers that are needed to install for a single sata HD at the F6 prompt? Do you know of a website that might have these to download?

The HSF is a Zigmatek Dark Knight which came with Thermal paste that was applied very thinly to the bottom of the HS. Thanks for the reminder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back