Help-Problem remowing trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

A few months ago my laptop got infected by a virus called Brontok.Because of this, my "Folder Options" that suppose was in Control panel was missing.After i'm istalled AVG, the virus is healed but the "Folder Options" still not available and I think its ok even I cannot customised the option in that "Folder Options".
My problem start last week when my laptop got infected by trojan horse Downloader.Generic2.LSZ.Info from internet, require me to customised the "Folder Options" to view all the hidden files as one of the step to remove that trojan but I can't, and can somebody please give me some advice about it.I'm using XP.thanx

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of octo only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Dear howard,

My laptop was back to normal, no program shutdown or system hang and my internet connection running smoothly, thank to you and other TS Special Forces.I've already installed security program as per your advice to avoid problem in the future.One more thing I want to ask, is there any chance I can gain access the "Folder Options" again.Thank you.

I`d still like you to post a fresh HJT log, then I can check to make sure your system is clean.

If it is clean, then maybe doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE, will fix your folder problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back