Help with bootmgr is missing please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i just got this compaq presario 2500 for 40 bucks while my mac book is getting fixed. The problem is i only have a burnt copy of vista ultimate and its worked on every other laptop/desktop I've tried, but for some reason when it gets to installing updates it will crash. I reboot and get bootmgr is missing. So i went to neosmart and downloaded vista recovery disk.

From there i was able to get to the repair menu so i do start up repair. It tells me it fixed the problem and to reboot. It didn't actually fix anything so i try again this time its a failure. It said in the report that the root problem was failure during installation or something along those lines.

So my question is did my disk get scratched or is the laptop not compatible with vista? I can't get a real copy of vista until monday which i think will be my only solution.

Ok so i just got this compaq presario 2500 for 40 bucks while my mac book is getting fixed. The problem is i only have a burnt copy of vista ultimate and its worked on every other laptop/desktop I've tried, but for some reason when it gets to installing updates it will crash. I reboot and get bootmgr is missing. So i went to neosmart and downloaded vista recovery disk.

From there i was able to get to the repair menu so i do start up repair. It tells me it fixed the problem and to reboot. It didn't actually fix anything so i try again this time its a failure. It said in the report that the root problem was failure during installation or something along those lines.

So my question is did my disk get scratched or is the laptop not compatible with vista? I can't get a real copy of vista until monday which i think will be my only solution.

We are unable to provide assistance to users who are openly requesting aid with pirated/non-official software.

Purchase a legitimate copy of Windows Vista and see where things stand from there.

You can view Windows Vista's minimum hardware requirements here if it's of any use to you: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/system-requirements.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back