Help with BSOD in Win 7 and ntoskrnl

solstar

Hi all,I have windows 7 ultimate,everything worked fine till this morning.lately,I had some bsod appearing oncei n a while,but after a couple of reboot,everything worked fine again,til ltoday,when the pc stay on for 5 mintues,then get the bsod again.I checked the minidump,and it appeared that the problem was due to Poweriso virtual drive,so I removed the driver,the program and everything related to it,but still no avail.the minidump though mention that the problem is notskrnl.exe.what it could be?I haven't installed anything recently,beside that poweriso program,and all dirvers are up to date.here's the dump hoep someone can help me

forgot to add:I also have daemont tools as a virtua ldrive,but I never had trobules with that,although some peopel states ti could eb the problem.also,in safe mode,everything seems to work fine,so it must be something related to a software issue,and not hardwre as I thought

also,the windows "slvinc pc issues"that appears on the bottom right of teh task bar,says this "
Download updates for PX Engine

PX Engine has stopped working properly.

and give me a link to the roxio web page.I never had any roxio cd burning programs,nor driver or device so I don't know where windows took this thing.anyway I installed the driver the link gave me ,and still no solution

Attachments

• 120910-32229-01.7z
    20.4 KB · Views: 1
There is a very good chance you are infected. Go to our Virus and Removal forum read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and follow the steps as given; don't skip any of the steps.

Then on that forum post with the required logs attached. You will not get the help you need if the required logs are not given.

apparently,i uninstalled poweriso dvd and now i don't have that roxio error anymore,but is till have bsod once in a while,either with irql less or equal or ntoskrn errors.i'll follow the guide you posted

I follwed the guide,downloaded all the programs,no sing of any kind of viurs or malware found.delted all the temp dirs and when I was using that ddbs program,during the process,I got the bsod again.so I don't think its something rleated to any viruses

the only program that found something was Gmer,and here's the log,apparently the only malware related fiels are the ones related to daemon tools and the sptd drivers,which is quite difficult to believe,as I had this program for years,and never had a problem with it,or with bsoad caused because of it

Attachments

• gmer log.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 2
solstar, we here at TechSpot have come across many issues for many people with Daemon Tools driver sptd.sys is overwhelmingly the culprit in these cases.

You've had this software for years but are now running 7 Ultima. Did you try updating this software to run with this OS?

yes i have deleted it ,and reinstalled the newer version from the site,and i choosed to NOT execute it automatically at the start of windows.now,the pc works 1 time out of 5.the other times,just 10 to 15 minutes after i logged into windows,i get the bsod,and this time,with ataport.,sys error.

ataport.sys is a file name. It's a Microsoft system file (ATAPI Driver Extension), so you could try a system file restore but you'll need your Windows disk to do so. And be sure to update with the latest service packs available.

Also, in some cases, this could be due to a harddrive having physical issues.

yes i heard about that hd problem too,fact is that the hd is brand new,not even 2 weeks of life.it all started when i downlaoded a game that came with a damn virus just when i mounted the image with daemon,i got a bsod immedaitely after that.i then proceded to clean everything following every step of the guide here on the sitre,and in fact not malware bytes nor avire (or other antivirus)are able to find anything.right now the pc is working ok,i have to see for how long though

the situation is now dramatically serious.when i wrote the last message here,i left the pcturned on while doing a defrag operation,then left home.when just came back,i foundthe bsod again,but now i 'm having it everytime i turn on the pc,(after the bios sequence of course)and i can't even access safe mode,as while itslaoading the safe mode,i get the same ataport.sys error.any help is greatly appreciated,as i cannot accewss windows in any mode right now

i also tried using the windows7 dvd for restoring any errors,but after completeingthe scan for errors,it says that there are no errors on the pc and that the os booted fine

Sorry, solstar, didn't see your earlier response.

Go to Seagate's website and download their SeaTools harddrive diagnostic utility.

Burn to a CD. Make sure your CD/DVD drive is first bootable in your BIOS.

Place CD in drive and rebbot. The test will take over seconds after you boot.

Do the SMART, Short DST and especially the Long DST in the order given.

Back