Help with cpu build. quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to build a computer. first one ever =P.
well...im looking on newegg.com and i picked out all the stuff i want and im going to get a better FAN then what the case comes with. so im purchasing a FAN that says it is a 20+4 pin connector.

i looked on the motherboard and it is a 24 pin connector. is there a difference in 24 pin and 20+4 pin ? will it work

a FAN that says it is a 20+4 pin connector.

By FAN I am supposing you mean power supply. 20+4 pin means that it can be either 20 or 24 pin (it has a detatchable 4-pin on it). So yes, it will work with your motherboard.

You sure you don't want to post the parts for your build for our members to look through? You'll get some second opinions on what you have chosen, just to be safe.

Best of luck with your build.

Eric07 said:
I decided to build a computer. first one ever =P.
well...im looking on newegg.com and i picked out all the stuff i want and im going to get a better FAN then what the case comes with. so im purchasing a FAN that says it is a 20+4 pin connector.

i looked on the motherboard and it is a 24 pin connector. is there a difference in 24 pin and 20+4 pin ? will it work

As Graffiks said, you probably should post the parts. You see, it's not our first build, so, we'll be able to advise you on your parts so far (and it saves more compatibility threads from being opened).

my future build

These are all the parts i have selected. thanks!

Rosewill R6AR6-SL 0.8mm SECC 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

ECS P965T-A (V1.0) Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

eVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card - Retail

ePOWER ZU-550W ATX12V Version 2.0 / EPS12V 550W Power Supply - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300 - Retail

CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) System Memory Model VS2GBKIT667D2 - Retail

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1200JB 120GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

Acer AL1916WAbd Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

LITE-ON 18X DVD±R Burner Black IDE Model LH-18A1P-185 - OEM

Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface

Nice! It looks like something I might want to build :D. You might want a better brand name power supply though, maybe something like this. It looks cool to me, though; but I'm not a computer scientist :).
--kitty500cat

That is very similar to my build I have 2GB of better RAM though (Cas 4 w/ heatspreaders) And I have that sound card too, and I'm planning to get a simalir monitor. But I suggest a X1950PRO because that motherboard supports crossfire, 2 PCI-E, P965. And a SATA hard drive would be better than IDE.

crossfire is out of stock. plus its kinda more expensive.

sooo everything is compatible? and will be able to play HL2 on max settings? and use 3ds max?

should i get a new PS or is that Epower good?

Your ePOWER should work for you, from what I've seen in reviews and stuff. But I would recommend this hard drive instead, because it is Serial ATA, which is faster and newer than IDE. Plus if you have an IDE hard drive, it could take bandwidth away from your CD/DVD drive.
--kitty500cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back