Help with graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 card and just tried to install it and found out that the slots don't match up on my computer. (It's a 4 year old Dell Dimension XPS 550). Is there any upgrade to my computer I can do to make it so it will fit the 9600 card, or do I have to get a different card. If I do have to get a new card can someone recomend one that has close to the same features as the 9600. Perfomance isn't a high priority, I would rather have the secondary features of the card, such as tv out tv in being able to record tv.

Thanks for any help

Do you mean your PC has no AGP-slot (normally brown slot, further in than the 4-5 white PCI-slots), or is the chassis too narrow/low that the AGP-card does not fit in?

If the first, you'll need to swap that card for a PCI-card. Look in the Audio/Video forum for more info.

It does have the brown slot but on my computer it is short then long and the card has long then short.

I reposted the original post to the correct forum (Audio / Video)

It could be that your AGP slot is only AGP 2x compatible & thus will not accept any 4x/8x cards.

Your best bet would be to look for a PCI All-In-Wonder card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back