Help with mssearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpwn2004

I need some newbie help with removing mssearchnet.exe and nvctrl.exe

i read this thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic36910.html

but couldn't get it to work

basically i try restarting my computer in safe mode and deleting all the hp....tmps and the mssearch and nvctrl like it says from my windows/system32 folder

then i go to run regedit and delete mssearch from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run

i do all this but it still comes back :(

any help is appreciated

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i really lost the help after i downloaded ewido, this really seems to complicated. I had a virus like this before and it seemed a lot easier then doing all this stuff. Anyways heres my log or whatever

Scan result:

[724] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ld6D21.tmp -> Downloader.Zlob.le : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\hp5964.tmp.q_804C400_q -> Downloader.Zlob.ku : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\hp6861.tmp.q_804AA00_q -> Downloader.Zlob.lb : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\hp8585.tmp.q_804C400_q -> Downloader.Zlob.ku : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\hp9CA8.tmp.q_804AA00_q -> Downloader.Zlob.lb : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\hpB7FD.tmp.q_804AA00_q -> Downloader.Zlob.lb : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\hpD3FE.tmp.q_804C400_q -> Downloader.Zlob.ku : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\ld815F.tmp.q_804CA20_q -> Not-A-Virus.Hoax.Win32.Renos.cc : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\mssearchnet.exe.q_804285C_q -> Downloader.Zlob.kv : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\nvctrl.exe.q_80444A4_q -> Downloader.Zlob.lh : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\system32\interf.tlb -> Downloader.Zlob.lh : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\system32\ld8F3F.tmp -> Downloader.Zlob.le : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\system32\mssearchnet.exe -> Downloader.Zlob.lc : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\system32\stickrep.dll -> Not-A-Virus.Hoax.Win32.Renos.cc : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\NewDotNet -> Adware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\readme.html -> Adware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\uninstall6_90.exe -> Adware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

If you don`t follow the instructions exactly, I`m afraid I can`t help you.

If you`re finding it too complicated, then the only other thing you can do is reformat and reinstall.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back