Help with Overclock CPU Temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

Sorry for the stars on the title, I have no idea why they are there (no foul language in my mind)! I have overclocked my Cpu from 2.6 ghz to 3.0 ghz (somehow multiplier is 20 with fsb of 133 - 150). I know the temperature is supposed to rise, but I am wondering how high. The temp. was at around 90-93 before the overclock, and now it is at 100-115. Is this a safe temp? I do have the shutoff feature set at 158, is that a good temp? All of the degrees in this post are measured in Fahrenheit!!!!!

I cant really help with your over clocking

I think maybe you added one more C to overclocking to get another name for a male chicken.......

90F = 32C
110F = 43C

Sure, you can overclock, the temps are fine. But I dont' think you will see alot of difference in terms of performance, and you probably have increased your power requirement by quite alot. Not that it would matter to alot of people.

Also, I'm assuming these are peak temps, if they are idling temps, you've got a serious matter at hand, and you shouldn't even try. If there is such a huge change in idling temps, your peak temps would be astronomical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back