Help with removal of Security Toolbar 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our home computer was hit with the Security Toolbar 7.1 trojan last night. I found the TechSpot forums in my search to find the fix. I followed all steps provided in topic58138.html, and believe the trojan has been removed (or at least stopped). The Security Toolbar 7.1 is no longer on the toolbars of our internet explorer, and the warning icon (that flashes near the clock) is no longer there.

I am attaching 3 log files as requested in step 15 of the forum. Additional information you may need follows:
1. Microsoft Vista
2. TrendMicro PC-Cillin
3. In step 3: I don't think Housecall ran properly
4. AVG Antirootkit found nothing

Please let me know if I need to do anything else to eliminate this trojan. In addition, the instructions had me download multiple programs. What do I need to keep, and what can I uninstall?

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your log files appear to be clean. You can now remove all the tools used during clean up.

Go HERE, download and install the latest version of Java.

Once it`s installed, go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall all previous versions of Java, except version 6 update 3. Close Control panel.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of rynmac24 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you

Thanks for your help. We very much appreciate your quick response. For those of us who are moderately educated in computers, you all are lifesavers!

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back