Help with understanding BIOS settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillAllen55

I've recently built a new computer system. All is up and running (thanks solely to Mr Sharam -look him up if you are looking for straight forward explanations, without any nonsense) .
After the newness has all worn off, having a machine that has exceeded all expectations. I'm now looking at specific BIOS settings attempting to understand all the numbers with a few questions.
My profile shows all of the recent components of my system. I don't know where to start with my questions. I'm curious as to know if my bios settings are correct respecting the idea that I do not wish to over clock but do wish to have the most efficient settings to meet the manufactures expectations as to speed of each component installed.
Where can I learn about expected memory speed? Where can I learn about front side bus north and south?
What I'm asking is are there websites dedicated to what a BIOS should look like after specific adjustments have been made to compliment the manufactures expected profile?

generally, leave the BIOS on automatic. DON'T tweek unless you can afford losing components. Update a BIOS only if you specific need to do so. See the guide in the guides forum.

To slow all concerns as to if I can afford to replace components (as if this has to do with anything) I'm delighted with the thought of the learning process. I do not think of my computer in terms of 'one of the family' and should I blow something up. I will be delighted in learning what it was that I did that caused the effect. I take the recent suggestion as one that might be a shotgun answer to a question that could possibly deserve a certain modicum of thought. Help me if I'm wrong thinking this way, I THOUGHT this was a Q&A forum for technical questions regarding computers and what makes them run.
After reviewing the techspot guides (a second time) I'm not finding requested information. My specific question (reiterated) is:
Are there websites dedicated to what a BIOS should look like after specific adjustments have been made to compliment the manufactures expected profile?

when you're saying too slow- try reading how to speed up my pc / windows guides in the guides forum.

I don't recommend overclocking ever. too easy to burn out components....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back