Help with Windows 7 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

muse475

If I were to buy the Windows 7 full edition, is there an upgrade option or would I have to buy the upgrade package. I know the upgrade package is cheaper but I can get the full version for less through a student discount.

You can easily update through the full edition. The upgrade license just requires you to have a valid "prior" installation. One other discussion i found on the topic is here

bear in mind, the upgrade edition is rather difficult to install, I recommend the full edition to ensure no hiccups.

The student 'upgrade' one is easy to install, it is basically the retail full install. You just boot from the disk and install as normal, nothing tricky.

Yes the upgrade is not difficult Tedster but just it take much more time to install and that you must have another windows on the computer before. Better you have the full install muse475 as if you pc is slow with the actual configuration/windows it may affect speed of Windows 7 after. Clean install is better.

clean install, yuck!

I understand why clean install is better; but I HATE exporting/importing data from outlook. If I did a full install, this data would be lost, right?

couldn't install 7 on either of my computers due to driver issues. 7 won't install at all on my desktop due to raid drivers and it installs on my laptop, but uses generic graphics drivers as intel 855 chipsets are not supported. I had to revert back to XP on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back