Here's the full trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story that Disney teased during the Super...

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Disney on Sunday during Super Bowl LII debuted a teaser for Solo: A Star Wars Story, the next film in the legendary franchise. The teaser ended with the promise that a proper trailer would launch today and sure enough, Disney delivered.

The full-length trailer for Han Solo’s origin story runs about a minute and 30 seconds long and builds on what we were shown during the Super Bowl. It looks pretty decent from the trailer, especially considering the production difficulties the film endured.

Midway through shooting, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy fired directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller due to creative differences. A source familiar with the matter said the chemistry between Kennedy and the directors was never right.

Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theaters on May 25 (Memorial Day weekend). The franchise’s most recent entry, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, arrived in mid-December and managed to rake in over $1 billion worldwide in less than three weeks.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Star Wars never should have gone past Return of the Jedi. It's obvious, the producers fully understand there's a sucker born every minute.

All these pessimist! Makes me wonder why they bother putting a TV on the wall.

Talking about reboots. How many times are we going to reboot a sports season. It's the same ole **** year after year. But yet no one seems to care how monotonous a sports channel is, they would rather piss on the movie scene.

Let me guess, Kathleen Kennedy's creative difference with the original directors was that they hadn't put enough feminism in?

The actor resembles Harrison Ford as much as Jesse Plemons looks like Matt Damon. It comes a tad bit close but in the end you feel like you've been ripped off. This movie will not do well to hold my interest and many others who feel the same way.

The actor resembles Harrison Ford as much as Jesse Plemons looks like Matt Damon. It comes a tad bit close but in the end you feel like you've been ripped off. This movie will not do well to hold my interest and many others who feel the same way.

If Harrison Ford had a child with Jack Black, he would be this Han Solo. And that's pretty cool in my book. (Frankly, I always felt that Harrison Ford was in the William Shatner school of acting, and I guess that makes it easier for me to accept a replacement. Speaking of which, now I'm waiting for Sulu: A Star Trek Story.)

Meh. I'll wait for it to be available at my library for free. Rogue One was bad. Didn't go see The Last Jedi (first "core" star wars movie I never went to go see in the theaters - too expensive) in the theaters. Will wait for that in our library (they're usually available as of the release date on BluRay).

I remember when movies were $1.50 for a Saturday matinee. That's how I saw Empire Strikes Back and I remember coming out so thrilled (and disappointed as well because I wanted to know what happened to Han and if Vader was telling the truth).

EP VI was sort of a disappointment when I saw it in the theaters. The Ep 1 through 3 weren't all that bad for me. I did love ep VII. But VIII will wait. And same with this movie. Lucas shouldn't have sold out like he did. But he didn't help the franchise either.

I might wait for the rental on this, but at this point, the trailer makes it seem sophomoric, and as such, it will not hold my interest. I'll see Last Jedi on rental.

It will be interesting to see where Star Wars goes in the hands of Disney since Disney obviously thinks that it will be their cash cow they can milk for some time to come.

IMO, the absolute best Star Wars offshoot that I have seen is "The Clone Wars". I have not seen Rebels, but it sounds like that could be a decent follow-on to The Clone Wars. The Star Wars movies episodes 1, 2, 3, and 7, to me anyway, pale in comparison to "The Clone Wars."

That JJ Abrams is once again the leader for episode 9 is rather distressing to me. I don't know what people see in him as he has made some awful dogs, IMO, in the Star Trek universe - I hope he has nothing to do with future Star Trek movies as the most recent one is, IMO, far better than anything that has come of the recent reboot.

Last edited:
Back