Hidden password for logging into "Other User" - Vista

A few nights ago I got the big blue wall with a message saying that I was out of memory. As a result I cannot log into repair mode, safe mode, etc. using my normal user or guest user profile. The only option I get is to log onto "other user". The problem is that it keeps asking me for a username and password. I have done some research online and found one article saying that any valid user name and password would be accepted to login to this "other user" profile. I have never placed a user name or password on this computer. My daughter uses my profile for internet access, and noone ever uses the "guest" option, so to my knowledge noone else could have entered a user name ore password.

Neither Best Buy nor Gateway will even talk to me since warranties have run out with both. No matter which F8 option I try to log in with I get the same Other User only option, and have no idea what to type in. After going over all of the original best buy paperwork I found my full name was my user name, and under password is says N/A.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thanks.

Try reverting to an earlier Vista restore point. Go to All Programs, accessories, system tools, System Restore. Pick a date before the problem began

Back