Highlight by box rather than line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knot2Brite

Hello,

I seem to have goofed things up and I can't figure out where to begin to fix it.

Previously in Word or Adobe I could highlight words or complete line. I could even begin at the start of a statement and highlight it midway through a succeeding line.

Now when I attempt to highlight a box appears and then I highlight the text inside that box. If the material I want to highlight continues on the subsequent line I double-click that line, create a new box and then highlight text within that box.

This is both cumbersome and time-consuming. If you have any idea where I should be looking to reverse this trend I would appreciate your share this information.

Thank you

Try running the Error Check and see if that clears it up. If it doesn't do a System Restore to date right before problem started. It's also possible you just need to root the computer!

For either of the below functions, close all active Windows and running programs and email.

Error Check: My Computer> right click on Local Drive-usually C-Properties> Tools> Error Check> check both boxes in screen that comes up> Apply> Close and Reboot. Let if run. system will reboot itself when through

System Restore: All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> system Restore> check 'restore my computer to an earlier time> choose date in BOLD on left> Next> Let restore finish. System will reboot itself.

Sometimes these errors are caused by the scanners for antivirus or antispyware... so watch closely next time... rather than ignoring what is going on as most of us do.
Our quickest way of dealing with them is to install key software in repair mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back