HiJack File -- Can anyone help here???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try this again..

Hope this works this time. IT shows below:

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
hijackthis082405.txt hijackthis082405.txt (6.4 KB)

put HijackThis in e.g C:\Program Files\HJT and NOT in Temp or on the Desktop!.
C:\Documents and Settings\Natalie .....\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

Don't see any problems with your log.
If you PC is sluggish, the only way to improve it, is to get rid completely of Norton/Symantec's bloatware.

If you have other problems, please be specific.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I will have to look into getting rid of Norton. Have a great day.

I'm not sure what's going on now...Help!

There are so many .exe processes running on my computer. Could you please look to see if there is something/some programs I should remove. Yesterday I was using the internet at a coffee shop and when I tried to disconnect, it said that others were logged onto my computer...this really worries me...help! Is there a way I can protect my computer from that?

Much thanks. I've attached a hijack this log from this morning.
Natalie

Unless you know how to secure your laptop properly, using firewalls, WPA etc.
you should not even THINK about taking your laptop to an Internet Cafe of all places!
That is GROSS stupidity!

Your HJT-log is clean, but you should run EVERY online scanner you can get your hands on, run Adaware, Spybot, Ewido, MS Antispyware Beta, and so on,
AND you should follow a crash-course somewhere in network-safety!

Thanks

I know...it was a VERY poor choice...just honestly didn't think about that...was going to study and wanted to check my email and had my computer with me. What type of course on network security would you recommend...is there a "network security for dummies" online????

Thanks for your help. I've run Adware..but will download the others you recommend. Thanks again for your time and advice.

As it happens, the latest October issue 150 of PC Answers has a big guide on security.
www.pcanswers.co.uk
It's the only magazine I ever read, and it's always full with useful information.
It'll cost £6.-/$10.- or thereabouts , but it's well worth the money. The 2 CDs that come with are filled to the brim with good software as well.

Or you can buy 'Networking for Dummies', but that's going overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back