HijackThis (and other) log posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the results of the MalwareBytes and SuperAntispyware scans, I would run each of them in their long versions in <SAFE MODE>.
You can readup on those infestations at www.viruslist.com

What about HijackThis log results?

Thanks for the reply. I did run each of these in the long versions (not in safe mode, however) and removed the infestations, but am still having my Google searches redirected.

Also, I'm curious about the HijackThis log. Should I remove any of those elements?

Thanks again,
David

It may be that <SAFE MODE> will be the only way you can remove this problem. Normal mode presents a way for the evildoers to escape to memory or hide elsewhere, then return as soon as you reboot.
You can read more about these infestations at www.viruslist.com and through a Google or other search. The redirect issue was in the top 20 spyware yesterday and climbing.
Then read up on the 8 Steps... on this forum. You will likely need the assitance of those experts. Follow their guidance, as the 8 Steps do change fairly often, then when done ask for a review of your antispyware scans and your HiJackThis scan.
The Redirect and some other evils leaves evidence on the computer, but it takes experience to read those scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back