Hijackthis post

Status
Not open for further replies.

stesteste

Hi there..

I've ran virus scans using AVG free and adware scans using adaware in safemode removed everything, but still get virus warnings while in windows.

Attached is my hijackthis report (i renamed the .exe)

Hope i've done everything correct, hope someone can help.

Thanks a lot for your time, it's apprechiated.

Ste

Run Smitfraudfix
  • Download Smitfraudfix by S!ri from HERE
  • Reboot your computer in Safe Mode (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually)
  • Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
  • Select 2 and hit Enter to delete infected files.
  • You will be prompted: Do you want to clean the registry ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.
  • The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found): Replace infected file ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.
  • A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Navigate to C:\Windows\Temp
Click Edit, click Select All, press the DELETE key, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to send all the items to the Recycle Bin.

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\(EVERY LISTED USER)\Local Settings\Temp
Click Edit, click Select All, press the DELETE key, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to send all the items to the Recycle Bin.

Clean out your Temporary Internet files. Proceed like this:

For Internet Explorer 7

* Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
* On the General tab, click Delete... under Browsing History.
* Next to Temporary Internet Files, click Delete files, and then click OK.
* Next to Cookies, click Delete cookies, and then click OK.
* Next to History, click Delete history, and then click OK.
* Click the Close button.
* Click OK.

For Mozilla 1.x and Up

* Click Edit from the Mozilla menubar.
* Click Preferences... from the Edit menu.
* Expand the Advanced menu by clicking the plus sign.
* Click Cache.
* Click the Clear Cache button.

For Opera

* Click File from the Opera menubar.
* Click Preferences... from the File menu.
* Click the History and Cache menu.
* Click the two Clear buttons next to Typed in addresses and Visited addresses (history) and click the Empty now button to clear the Disk cache.
* Click Ok to close the Preferences menu.

Next Click Start, click Control Panel and then double-click Display. Click on the Desktop tab, then click the Customize Desktop button. Click on the Web tab. Under Web Pages you should see a checked entry called Security info or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete button. Click Ok then Apply and Ok.

Empty the Recycle Bin by right-clicking the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop, and then clicking Empty Recycle Bin.

Afterwards attach rapport.txt and a fresh Hijackthis log

VUNDOFIX

Download Vundofix from here
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • When VundoFix opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.
Note:It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will attempt run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.

*If VundoFix gives an runtime error on startup you are most likely missing the file: comdlg32.ocx A new copy and instructions on where to put it can be found HERE

Weird, in your log there was a classic sign of Vundo, can you post a fresh HJT log anyway?

Im sure that Blind Dragon will have a look over it when he gets a chance.

EDIT

Download VirtumundoBeGone by secured2k
Save the file to your desktop
Close all running programs (including your Internet Browser)
Double-click VirtumundoBeGone.exe on the desktop
Read the introductory information, and then click Continue
Click Start
When asked if you want to continue, click Yes to run the fix
Click "Save Log"

Note: It is normal for the the fix to terminate by producing a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH so don't be concerned when this happens. It requires you to manually reboot to restore your normal windows desktop.

The log created by VirtumundoBeGone called VBG.TXT will be on located on your desktop. Please retain VBG.TXT.

Empty Recycle Bin.

Reboot and attach a new HijackThis log file along with the VBG.TXT into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
  • Select the Update Tab at the top of the Java console
  • Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
  • If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 5) Follow the on screen instructions
  • After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs
  • Uninstall any older versions of Java

If for some reason you couldn't update through the above instructions.
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5
  • The 4th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_05 folder

:Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner:

Order to use it you have to use Internet Explorer.
Go to Kaspersky and click the Accept button at the end of the page.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.
  • Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
  • Allow the ActiveX download if necessary.
  • Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
  • Click Scan Settings and change the "Scan using the following antivirus database" from standard to extended and then click OK.
  • Click on "My Computer"
  • When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
  • Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
  • Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.
Attach the report into your next reply

trendmicro scan

Hi there,

here is the trend micro scan results... it's pulled up some unusual things considered as viruses but im sure you get that a lot heh.

i've renamed it .txt because it wouldnt allow me to upload .html

please help me

my computer has gone crazy and sometimes i lose control of my keyboard and it starts typing random characters by itself. i have attached a copy of my hijackthis log. thanks a million.

baesix,

This thread is for stesteste.

Please start your own thread and list all your symptoms.

Also please follow these steps HERE and then post back with the three requested logs as attachments
  • AVG antispyware
  • ComboFix
  • Hijackthis (step 15)

Dont forget to make sure that AVG is set to quarantine the results, that HJT is the last step and to let us know the results of the antirootkit scan.

You also have two antivrus programs running, AVG and MaCafee, please uninstall one.

STEP 1
Download and Install SDFix
  • Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
    (Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Run SDFix
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
  • Attach Report.txt back here

STEP 2
Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • Type "1" (and Enter) to start the fix.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

In your next reply
1)Report.txt from SDFix folder
2)Combofix.txt

This thread is for the use of stesteste only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Blind,

Thanks so much for all your help. Sorry I havn't replied in a while I've been away for work but I'm back now. I downlaoded SDFix but it does not ask me to press Y, instead I am presented with the following;

To run the SDFix tool please reboot to Safe Mode
(Reboot, tap the F8 Key and choose Safe Mode from the Advanced Menu)

(SDFix Requires Administrator Account Privileges)

1. Download/Run a-squared from EMSI Software
2. Download/Run Norman Malware Cleaner from Norman
3. Download/Run SAV32CLI from Sophos

A. Create System Report
B. Create Service/Driver List
C. Create Catchme Log
D. Export SafeBoot Key

U. Download latest version of SDFix

E. EXIT

(Active Internet Connection Required To Download Files)

Type A,B,C,D,U,1,2,3,4 or E to Exit....

how should i proceed? thanks again,

CFScript

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnmjki.dll.vir
C:\WINDOWS\system32\braviaxKILLDEADDIE.blah

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been a while so please also run another kaspersky
Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.
  • Click Scan Settings and change the "Scan using the following antivirus database" from standard to extended and then click OK.
  • Click on "My Computer"
  • Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
  • Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.

How is your computer running now? it look like we are getting there.

CFScript

NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
D:\hub\_Downloads\mirc631.exe

Folder::
D:\hub\_Downloads\mirc631.exe
D:\cbackup\Program Files\mIRC
C:\QooBox
C:\Program Files\mIRC

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Here are the new logs,

*note i deleted a lot of the .ico files which were stated in the combofix.txt as it was 157kb this file was to big for the forum upload

Remove bad HijackThis entries
  • Run HijackThis
  • Click on the System Scan Only button
  • Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: mIRC.lnk = C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: mIRC.lnk = C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Startup: mIRC.lnk = C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe
  • Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
  • Click on the "Fix Checked" button
  • When completed, close the application.

Through windows explorer verify that this folder has been removed:
C:\Program Files\mIRC

Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner

• Click on "My Computer"

CFScript

Also ..

D:\hub\_Downloads\mirc621.exe

Folder::
D:\hub\_Downloads\mirc621.exe

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back