HJT Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
This virus has been plaguing my computer for about a week now. It seems to be most active over the night hours. During this time, it plays random audio clips and pops up several ads (usually about 20/night). Additiionally, I am unable to update my TrendMicro OfficeScan virus definition, Windows Update, or Windows Defender. When I scan my system with TrendMicro OfficeScan, nothing is identified. Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

View attachment 51256

This one is serious. Download and run the free Avast or Avira (not both), and then both of these: SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes.
Run all three in regular mode, then when done, immediately shut down, and reboot, running them again in <SAFE MODE>
Then read elsewhere on this forum for the 8 Steps, and post the resulting scans for the experts on this forum to review.

Avira informed me that it found TR/FraudPack.pre.3 in 1323062497.tmp (this is the same process that I noticed running from task manager when the virus was 'active').

I will attached the log files when the scans are complete (but this will likely take several hours as I select full scans on about 2TB's of HDD space). Please keep in mind that I was unable to update any of these programs as the virus is blocking me from accessing the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back