HJT Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I've been experiencing very slow browsing speeds recently with both explorer and firefox, but the connection speed and download speed are still very high. I've followed several suggestions, including the one with 14 or so stages to get rid of spyware. I think it all started when I downloaded a new version of daemontools and didn't pay attention :)

Anyway, attached is the HJT log. The avg antirootkit did not come back with any results, neither did the avg antispyware scan.

Cheers,

Niall

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean as a whistle mate.

If you suspect Daemontools, then uninstall it and see if it makes any difference.

I also suggest you run the Ccleaner programme(if you haven`t already) as per step9 of the instructions HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Cheers Howard,

Hmm, I seem to be running out of options. I've already uninstalled daemontools, and have run ccleaner several times to no avail. Is it likely to be spyware/malware etc when browsing is slow but downloading is still fast?

Niall

I seriously doubt it`s a malware problem.

Maybe it`s something to do with your settings or router settings if you have one.

Regards Howard :)

Fix these two entries in HijackThis:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer - Provided by 3XS

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1

See if that helps.

Regards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back