Hl/tfc/cs tweak guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing

Hail dudes, can anyone tell me something about the half-life tweaks ?

I start half-life like this: "C:\Thing\Games\Half-life\Hl.exe
-32bpp -console -nointro -nojoy -numericping" so when if i want to play a
mod i just select the internet games to show for example tfc, and then the
mod loads when i enter a game. My question is, will the graphic and other tweaks maintain the
same as when i loaded half-life ? or do they change to the tfc config ?

Originally the background graphic will remain as halflife, but once you update it should change to the tfc/cs image. This will not stay permanent however, as if you exit and come back you will be in the half life display. You should also be able to set it up to go directly into tfc mode.

I am not sure of hte command, but I know for Counter Strike it is just adding -cstrike to your string of commands in the .exe.

So I am only to assume for tfc, it would be -tfc.

BTW :wave: :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave: :wave:

Hope you can stick around and share your knowledge with the rest of us.;)

Oops, not that!

Hoo :blackeye: sorry but i dont think i will stay here :( i got too much work and bla bla bla :D sorry :( Im only posting this because i cant mail the guy who made that half-life tweak guide.

Sorry but you didnt understand my question, hehe :D I was talking about the tweaks, all that things you add in your \vavle\ with "0" or "1". Do you understand ?

I start half-life like this: "C:\Thing\Games\Half-life\Hl.exe
-32bpp -console -nointro -nojoy -numericping" so when if i want to play a
mod i just select the internet games to show for example tfc, and then the
mod loads when i enter a game. My question is, will the tweaks maintain the
same as when i loaded half-life ? or do they change to the tfc config ?

For example if i load half-life like i said, the game loads the config in the vavle folder, if i change to other mod, will the tweaks be what i loaded at the begining or for example if i load counter-strike will they load the config in the half-life folder ?

(check the half-life tweak guide to have a idea about what im talking about)

Far as I understand it the commandline settings will apply just fine, the config file ones won't as each mod uses a different config file to store its settings in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back