Home from the wilderness---hello ol friends!!

SOcRatEs

I hope all is well with all of you!!
This is one of the adventures I've had recently.

[CENTER]Me, the Blue Bunny and North Hollywood[/CENTER]

Yesterday, Oct 05, I went on an "Epic Adventure", with an old friend.
To North Hollywood for an audition he had with producers and directors of a Speed Channel reality show called Epic Ride.

We got there a hour1/2 early. So we wondered around looking for a small coffee stand or shop. I must say here that "I hate starbucks" and one was just a block away. So we went the other way to continue looking.

What we found was a very nice Portuguese pastry shop that also severed Espresso. We ordered our Americana's iced. Our shop keeper was very pretty and nice. I asked her if there was an "el bano" (Bathroom) near by. She pointed, with a grin, at the ceiling, "it's on the second floor right above us, and I'll have to get you the key".

She went into the back area of the shop and came out with a very well used Lop-eared Blue Bunny with an S&M collar and key attached to its neck; she also told me where the elevator was.

This is where I should also tell you some additional info. Look in my pics on myspace, picture me, in north Hollywood, with a sleeveless black t-shirt that has in big bright yellow letters:

[CENTER]Stop Picturing Me
Naked!
[/CENTER]

Now the building this shop is in is one of the most populace of places for ascending actors, actresses, producers and such. Many auditions go on day and night.

There must have been 30 to 40 people up there on the second floor. They all stopped what they were doing to stare at my entrance. Taking in the whole scene I had un-intentionally created.

I, too, was a little stunned by the scene I was seeing from my perspective, having recognized, right away, several of them as support stars in various movies and TV shows.

So, what do I do with a potentially immobilizing moment, I walked over to one of the more timid looking aspiring actress's and said "I think the bathroom is on this floor, the rabbit really needs to go". Of course I held it up close as though it were real and petted it gently, reassuring it to hold on.

Her mouth fell open as though she was going to speak but nothing came out.
She nervously only pointed toward a long hallway. I said "the rabbit thanks you".

As I walked in the direction she had indicated I could feel the eyes on me.

She apparently wasn't the only one jaw dropped. As I walked down the hallway, it acted to amplify everything being said outside. I heard some one say "Did he have a blue bunny in his hand?" another said "wasn't that the guy from Hawaii?"

You need to know here; I told my friend before leaving Phoenix 'that if anyone said anything to me about" "Dog the Bounty Hunter"' as soon as I hear the "D" I would bark viscously at them.

That did not happen here, though it did cross my mind. What did happen was this:

As I came out of the hallway, I was faced with a slightly larger group then when I went in. I was more than a little stunned by the scene I was seeing from this new perspective.

So, thinking quickly, I walked back to and began telling the timid actress I spoke to before, about the Bear in the woods and the rabbit.

"A bear was taking a crap in the woods one day, when a rabbit chanced by.

The bear said "Hello" to the rabbit and the rabbit said "Hi".

The bear asked the rabbit "if he had trouble with poop sticking to his fur?"

The rabbit responded saying "No I don't ever have that problem"

The bear reached out and snatched up the rabbit, quickly wiping his **** with him.

Needless to say, I had many more dropped jaws in complete silence as I headed for the elevator…..

Thank God for flat tires!!!...more to the story

to: BullHead city Fire Dept.,
I am Gregory Hoddy of
Scottsdale, Az.

re: Oct. 27th 2006 4:30 pm Motorcycle accident North bound Hwy 93 approx. mi mark: 161

I am attempting to locate one of your paramedics, who stopped to help me with this Motorcycle accident.
He was riding a BMW motorcycle north on hwy 93. He was the first person I was able to flag down,
many people made no attempt to stop or render aid.

What a God send! Together we were able to comfort the crash victim. (Rick, white male from Las Vegas Nv.)
I would like to thank your Paramedic (whose name I do not remember). He was awesome to work with and is I'm certain
an asset to your Dept.!!
I was riding a Yamaha RoadStar with a lot of spikes on it, I also had A friend riding a full dress blue HD.

Also there was a north bound Rual/Metro paramedic ambulance that chanced by a short time after your
Paramedic, out of Surprise Az. Shortly after I left the scene to continue my journey to Palmdale, Calif.

I would also like to know the update on the motorcycle crash victim (Rick, white male from Las Vegas Nv.)
I know little more to help in identifying your paramedic or where Rick was taken.
I will be speaking with local Az authorities & media.

This event is having very life altering effect on me and there is more to the story that Rick & your paramedic may not know:

My friend Paul and I where heading for PalmDale Calif. at 11:00 am.
I had a rear flat tire on my bike at I17 and CareFree Hwy. Approx 1:20pm.
It took about 2 hours to repair at the sister store to, "which just happened to be at I17 and CareFree Hwy., CareFree Yamaha", where
I had a new tire installed the day before in Scottsdale, Extreme Yamaha Suzuki . They didn't even charge me for it!.
per Rick telling me: Rick was run off the road by a Red pickup at approx 70 mph at 12:00pm, noon. Mi. marker 161.
High banked left turn, about 4° down hill grade.
His bike went air born for 1150 ft. flipping end for end, landing him in a very sever 45° raveen about 300 ft off the roadway.
His most sever injury was what appeared to be a compound fracture to his left leg just above the ankle. He was laying on his back
just off the roadway. He had crawled on his back, for 4 1/2 hours, up the embankment to get there just as Paul and I were passing by!!

As Paul and I were passing Rick on the roadway, we were clipping along at around 75mph,
he appeared to us as a piece of road debris, due to the late afternoon setting sun and shadows of the mountains.
Paul and I were riding a staggered formation he was a head of me to my right. As we passed I looked over my right shoulder to see it was
a human face in the bushes!!! I nailed the brakes, coming to a stop quickly and turned around on the shoulder to head back.

We are in the middle of one of the most dangerous parts of our desert, on one of the most deadly Hwy's in Arizona.
I rushed up to Rick and asked "Are you OK?", dumb question I know!. He responded appropriately with "HELL NO!".
Paul was about a half a mile up the road when he saw I had stopped. He was too far away for yelling, so I tried my cell phone...no service...!
I gave Rick some Lipton brisk iced tea I was carrying for the trip. He was very shocky and dehydrated. I did my best to eval his injuries,
seeing there was not much I could do to help him other than telling him "I'm not going anywhere, I will not leave you".

I unsuccessfully, attempted to flag down passing traffic for close to 20 min's, until your Paramedic came by.
There was also 2 Women in a white car of which one was a nurse who stopped shortly after your Paramedic.
There was a north bound Rual/Metro paramedic ambulance out of Surprise Az. that chanced by a 20 min's after your Paramedic,
Shortly after I left the scene to continue my journey to Palmdale, Calif.

The time line is such, had I not had the flat that delayed me 2 hours, Rick would not have climbed to the roadway yet when
Paul and I would have been passing through that area!
He may been left there over night or not been seen by anyone!

Thank God for flat Tires!

Thank you for for any assistance you can be!

Gregory

Responded:
I am trying to locate the BHC Paramedic who drives a BMW motorcycle.
I have several to contact! As soon as I get a name, I will forward you his email address.
Hopefully tomorrow.
Yvonne

Gregory,
Hi, I am Duane Leisle from Bullhead City Fire Department. I am the paramedic you met while helping Rick the fellow motorcycle rider with a borken leg on Highway 93.
Thank-you for your email and kind words. The paramedic that was in the Ambulance from Surprise, AZ was David Bacon. I have not checked on Rick's condition or outcome. He was very lucky and was in surprisingly good shape for what happened. I believe he was transported to Del Webb Hospital in Phoenix. As a fellow motorcycle rider and a paramedic I will always try and assist when needed. I want to thank-you for doing the same. If it wasn't for your initial actions..... I too, may have missed seeing Rick and who knows how long he may have waited for help.
Take care and safe riding.
Duane

You are a hero! You stopped and helped a fellow person in desperate need of help. There need to be more people like you around! Well done! :)

nickslick74 said:
You are a hero!
Thank you but No I'm not.:blush:
I've had my fair share of "Road Side Angels" :angel:
I was just returning the fav, I feel fortunate to have been there for him.
The critical timing is hard to get my head around. Without the flat, he wouldn't
have reached the roadside yet and still may have been missed anyway.

Back